Tuesday 4th November 2003 (2 Viewers)

s2ophie

HSC
another text type i thought of is diary entry

mittente is sender

i think text type is important (also my teacher stresses it all the time) If they ask you to write an article and you don't have a title you can't really get full marks because it shows you haven't really understood the question. It doesn't havet o be anything detailed (mittente probably isn't necessary) you just have to show you understand what the text type is

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh, i can't believe i forgot the diary entry!! i think all the text types we have to know are set written in the syllabus, i just can't be bothered to find mine

webpage would be a hard one, i have never done one of those.

yeah, make sure you set it out as the text type they are asking for

s2ophie

HSC
here are some more questions:
6 marks
(a) your Italian penfriend has written saying that she is thinking of coming to Australia for a holiday. Write back to her explaiing why Australia would eb the ideal place for her holiday.
OR
(b) Imagine you have just come back from a holiday in Italy. Write an article for your school's newletter in which you describe the things you experienced.

9 marks

(a) For "The year of the Outback", you are entering a competition where you have to present a speech on the advantages of living in the country. Write out the script, making sure tou persuade the audience into seeing the benefits of country life as opposed to living in the city.

OR

(b)
You are applying for a job you saw in the newspaper as a tour guide around Australia. Write the accompanying letter to your Curriculum Vitae. Remember you must be convincing that you are the most appropriate person for the job

s2ophie

HSC
i was just looking at the syllabus. these are the text types we have to know. the asterisk means we could have to write them in an exam

advertisement
form
play
announcement
formal letter
poem
article
informal letter*
postcard*
chart
interview
recipe
conversation*
list recount*
description*
message*/note*
report*
dialogue
narrative account*
song
diary entry*
news item
speech/talk (script)*
documentary
notice
table/timetable
e-mail*/fax*
novel/short story
film
personal profile*

the URL for the syllabus is:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/italianc_syl.pdf

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes, conversation is a big one

narrative account could be hard, so could note because it would have to be1-150 words

arls

i wasn't saying that text type is NOT important, i meant that i wuldnt be concerned bout it too much. Cause its pretty basic and obvious that an informal letter uses informal language. also if your writing an article, just like in english you must have a heading of course. all im trying to stress, is that its more important to practice grammar, put in idiomatics, and answer questions asked if its letter for example etc rather than the specifities of a text type.

rhinoivory

just study ur speaking notes and adapt it to the question... no problem

i would like a telephone conversation..... they havent done that yet

Kakie

se4e converstations sarebbero facile xke abiamo sempre conversazioni in italiano quia questo forum! enuf italian!

whast idont get is that y teacher told me that u use the remote wen ur talking baout like dante x esempio - dante apri` la porta - however i was reasding that danielle steel book and they had the remote every two senteces... is that part of the plu perfect rule? and if so can someone explain it to me please?

Marianna

Originally posted by iambored
formal letter can't be asked in 2u, so don't worry

and what is mittente?
oggetto means subject
i just do to, from subject and date, like at the top of our e mail page

but careful because you do need to show you can write in the text type, and u will get marked down for writing wrongly

um, those are the only text types i can think of as well
you will get marked down rather harshly!

I did 3u italian by correspondence last year

and as there aren't many italian hsc markers got to meet a few through my correspondence course and they will mark you down

s2ophie

HSC
my teacher is a marker and he always tells us to read the wuestion, answer in the right text type and structure your response appropriately

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, we also get told to make sure we use the correct text type, and i have got comments before telling me i didn't do a good job of the text type!

s2ophie

HSC
the comments that i always get are that i didn't structure it right. and sometimes that i didn't answer the question right! oops!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well i doubt we need to know that. you only use it when you are talking about something that happened centuries ago, something that has no connection with the earth today. like, if you were talking about shakpspeare's life

s2ophie

HSC
go away lexi you're scaring me

arls

hey guys.. ive returned to italian forum.. any1 done anyting for italian?? ive been focusing on modern history and maths next week.. and havent touched italian apart from maybe 2 hours in the hols once. shit! oh well. italian is that kinda subject you have to study all year round, and just brush up closer to the time of exam... i hope this is correct or im screwwwwedddd!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)