turning creative story into feature article? (1 Viewer)

jaechen

HSC
guys i need some ideas on turning a story into a feature article.
could you gimme some examples on how to do it? and for other text types as well thanks :D

onedaysnotice

HSC
I'm just gonna jump out the window if the creative can't be a narrative, or if the essay can't be an essay lmao.

jaechen

HSC
hahahaa well i've taken a look back into past hsc paper 1's and they've always asked for a story or rather "your own piece of imaginative writing"
though in 2002 (the furthest that i went back) thats when they actually specified that you had to write a letter :L

nightweaver066

HSC
In your feature article, you can incorporate aspects of your original story as anecdotes (obviously don't put too much or it'll seem too obvious) that reinforce what you're talking about.

onedaysnotice

HSC
In your feature article, you can incorporate aspects of your original story as anecdotes (obviously don't put too much or it'll seem too obvious) that reinforce what you're talking about.
zzz...too much effort >.> The prospects of jumping out the window seems much more appealing :D

Rawf

HSC
If this happens.. I really have no idea what I'm gonna do.
My story has time jumps so.... how the heck are you gonna put that in?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly this, use anecdotes and make it more conversational. Formal yet relaxed.

Demise

HSC
"Like a news story, a feature story has a LEAD. Rather than answering who, what, where and when, it tries to capture the reader's interest. This lead is also much longer in terms of sentences. It is often referred to as a
"delayed lead."

Create an atmosphere / set the scene. Here is an example... "Beyond the tall metal fence, one could see the disheveled prisoners smoking cigarettes on the dry yellow grass in front of the gaping faded brick jailhouse." This line creates an atmosphere that may capture the readers attention. Notice the use of descriptive adjectives in this sentence."

http://johnwatsonsite.com/MyClassNotes/Topics/Feature Article/FeatureArtCh'cs.html

alphophil

HSC
N/A
I'm still unsure about how to go about writing a feature article :/ any examples?

jaechen

HSC
but the fact that its an article and not a story its gonna be hard to write a solid 3-4pgs with only incorporating parts of my story :L

the way i thought of turning it into a feat article was maybe change it into sorta like an interview where the writer is the interviewer and he talks about the interviewee's story (my prepared story) but even then thats still hard to do and the more i think about it, it seems less and less like an article.... :(

Brett_P

HSC
This thought just occurred to me. My story is about a child's experience of losing a father in the war, how could this be turned into a feature article? I don't even understand what a feature article is. Got it thoroughly remembered in my head, but how do you go about transforming that?

Danstar2

HSC
Just as a heads up, for those who may not know. The Head of Marking for English (If that's correct) has changed this year, so we could speculate that they are more likely to give us simple questions as it is their first year and they don't want to get abused by every English teacher in NSW.

kenkap

HSC
Just as a heads up, for those who may not know. The Head of Marking for English (If that's correct) has changed this year, so we could speculate that they are more likely to give us simple questions as it is their first year and they don't want to get abused by every English teacher in NSW.
how'd u know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)