• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutor: UAI 99.95 - English, Maths, Chemistry and Economics (1 Viewer)

Dhruv74

HSC
Tutor: UAI 99.95 from Sydney Grammar School- English, Maths, Chemistry and Economics

Hi,

My name is Dhruv. I am a 1st year student doing Medicine at UNSW and I live in Beecroft.

I am offering tuition in English, Mathematics, Chemistry and Economics.

My Credentials:

• I completed the HSC in 2007 with a UAI of 99.95.
  • I was awarded the Premier’s Award and the Australian Students’ Prize (Lord Florey Prize).
  • I was an Academic Scholar at Sydney Grammar.
  • My HSC subjects were Maths Extension 2 , English Extension 2 , Chemistry and Economics. I received a NSW State Ranking of 7th in English Extension 1.
What I Offer:
  • I make an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses and formulate a structured plan to address your specific issues and help you develop a thorough understanding of the theory.
  • I focus on improving your exam technique and maximising your marks by showing you the tips, tricks and secrets that allowed me to get a UAI of 99.95. For example, I will show you how to:
    [*]effectively analyse ideas, values and techniques in English texts, and structure your essays
    [*]approach the more difficult questions in Maths exams
    [*]score full marks in longer response Chemistry questions
    [*]score full marks in Economics short answer questions and essays
    [*]I offer specified assistance and advice for assessment tasks.
  • I have strong communication skills that have been developed through my active involvement in Debating, Debating Adjudicating and Medicine Interview Preparation. This helps me to explain concepts in clear, concise and logical ways.
  • I have many resources, including past papers and notes from Sydney Grammar and a number of other schools, which you are very welcome to use.
My Experience

Over the past year I have been:
  • Offered a tutoring position by the Principal of Sydney Grammar
  • Teaching classes and workshops of up to 60 students at a number of companies
  • Tutoring private students from a mix of selective, private and comprehensive schools
I am now offering group tuition at highly discounted rates for HSC 2009 and 2010 students, so bring your friends and form a group.

Please send an email me at dhruv_74@hotmail.com me if you're interested.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Dhruv

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
acerpacer said:
Interesting.
99.95 would have guaranteed you a place at Sydney.
Any reason why you chose UNSW instead of Sydney ?

Just curious.

BTW, congratulations.
UNSW Medicine course is shorter than USYD. Therefore, he does not need to spend 7 years doing his degree at USYD when he can just complete it at UNSW in 5 years. His abode may be closer to UNSW. There are a lot of reasons why he chose UNSW over USYD.

Arithela

HSC
i think the main reason he chose UNSW over USYD is that at usyd you dont start the medical course for at least 3 years whereas at unsw you start studying medicine straight away.

Dhruv74

HSC
acerpacer said:
Interesting.
99.95 would have guaranteed you a place at Sydney.
Any reason why you chose UNSW instead of Sydney ?
After all, your home (Beecroft ) is closer to Sydney than to UNSW
And the difference in duration is only one year.
Seven years at Sydney versus 6 at UNSW.

Just curious.

BTW, congratulations.
Thanks. Yeah I did. I thought that UNSW would be better because you start medicine straight away (we're already visiting hospitals) rather than 3 years later. The extra year was also an issue but you do get two degrees so I guess there's a bit of give and take . Distance from my house wasn't much of an influencing factor- I didn't think it was an important enough reason to pick one course over the other.

Dhruv74

HSC
Yeah, Epping is not too far. Send me an email me with your details and what subject your looking for.
Thanks

Dhruv74

HSC
housah0lic said:
hey
what topics did you do for english?
thnks =]
Hi,

For Advanced English I did Imaginative Journeys, In the Wild, Citizen Kane for Critical Study, and History and Memory.

For English Extension I did Genre (Speculative Fiction).

countforg

HSC
I also went to school with Dhruv and can highly recommend him. I'm sure he'd be a very engaging tutor.

Dhruv74

HSC
rfpchua said:
Hey mate,

what are you rates for tutoring?
Hi Richard,

As I said in my previous post, I tell students what I offer based on the subjects they are looking for and the year that they are in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)