Tutorial attendance for MATH1231 (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm pretty lazy nowadays and cbf attending my tutorials. (I've missed like 4-5 Alg and 2ish Calc, one more today makes it 3)

Question is, can they fail me despite breezing through the course? I'll probably get high DN or low HD but could they possible just fail me anyways caus I don't attend the req. amount of tutes (whatever that is)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty lazy nowadays and cbf attending my tutorials. (I've missed like 4-5 Alg and 2ish Calc, one more today makes it 3)

Question is, can they fail me despite breezing through the course? I'll probably get high DN or low HD but could they possible just fail me anyways caus I don't attend the req. amount of tutes (whatever that is)
Well I know that I am speaking out of place...but I didn't know that they mark the roll or something for attendance at uni...>.<

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
they do for tutorials which is like classes.

some aren't compulsory and are only used to see if you should get a PC (pass conceded) shuld u get 48 or whatever.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
80% attendance is required, but i dunno if this is absolutely compulsory or not (ie i dont think they'll fail u if u dont have 80% attendance), but just go ask the maths faculty.

"i'm pwning this course (because i know u are, tommy), will you really fail me if i dont attend the last 4 tutes?"

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yeah ive missed out on like 3-4 alg ones. my alg class is always empty though lol
shall see

Uncle

Banned
HSC
80% attendance is required, but i dunno if this is absolutely compulsory or not (ie i dont think they'll fail u if u dont have 80% attendance), but just go ask the maths faculty.

"i'm pwning this course (because i know u are, tommy), will you really fail me if i dont attend the last 4 tutes?"
didnt teddy from ELEC1111 say that when you just miss out on 50 and them conditional assessment guys check your tutorial attendance and see that you didnt attend a majority of them then they can just give you a FAIL as they please?

i think this may apply to MATH1131 and MATH1231.
well i passed MATH1131 and MATH1231 liong time ago so it didnt matter anyway good old days.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes he did, its mainly for lecturer consultation and for awarding PC's.

If you want extra help from the lecturer, they'll say "u havnt gone to tutes, so fuck off", if u want a PC they'll say "u havnt gone to tutes, so fuck off".

Dealucis

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about it. I missed almost half the tutes in 1131 and 1231 and still got 78 and 72 respectively. towards the end of MATH1131, I was worried about my attendance as well, so i made a call to the faculty of maths, and was literally told that they don't look at your attendance if you pass the course.

_santa

HSC
nothing to worry about, I missed half of my tuts and most of the lecs for 1131 but they didn't bother asking.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
sweet, pretty shit if i get a DN and fail haha

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i wish the days where if you are good boy or girl at tutorial they give you lollies made a big return.

i think zora did this for mechanics lectures and it worked well.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
I think they only look at attendance in borderline cases. So it could make the difference between an F and a CP.

fozzster22

HSC
i dont really go to tutorials/lectures for maths either. I just show up for tests and shit. never had a problem. I just get more out of my time studying by myself.

like others have said, they don't care unless you're on the borderline between pass/fail.

it's university man, do what you want.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I got ab failed for MATH1081 for attending a grand total of two tutorials. Even smashed the exam, didn't know what was going on *there*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)