Tutorial Registration. (1 Viewer)

RHINO7

HSC
I'm on platform web/tutorial reg menu now and only my elective units are displayed, shouldn't my bachelor of arts units and keyprogram psychology unit also be displayed? Or do they appear when the specified time begins, ie humanities and languages at 10:00am , pyschology at 12:30pm etc?

Skater_bum

HSC
you should have added the rest of the units (8 units a eyar) while filling out the commonwealth support release papers, then goto to picking the tutorials etc

RHINO7

HSC
na na don't worry, i see what you mean. Type the units in in unit selection. I thought because i was doing bachelor of arts it would just choose those units anyway.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
RHINO7 said:
na na don't worry, i see what you mean. Type the units in in unit selection. I thought because i was doing bachelor of arts it would just choose those units anyway.
Yeh make sure you put in all your units within 'unit selection'. Then reg for tutes/some lectures at the appropriate times.

RHINO7

HSC
yeah i can't get on there at the moment, i think the server is down.

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC
dont go thru mysr, because that goes down during tut registration, u have to go thur portalweb thru the main website

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
RHINO7 said:
yeah i can't get on there at the moment, i think the server is down.
Nah, it's just been overloaded coz everyone else is trying to register their tutes.

imthunder

HSC
So do we take all 8 units for the year or just the 4 for autumn?

starrysky

HSC
imthunder said:
So do we take all 8 units for the year or just the 4 for autumn?
In the enrolment process, you select all 8 units for the two semesters of 2008.

For tutorial registration, you only register for the Autumn session.

RHINO7

HSC
Yeah, you just choose your units for autumn and then before next semester starts you do the process again.

Also, I'm just checking, so we don't have to confirm our registrations at the moment (which will allow us to chop and change the timetable) until we are closer to beginning uni?

boris2003

HSC
starrysky said:
In the enrolment process, you select all 8 units for the two semesters of 2008.

For tutorial registration, you only register for the Autumn session.
What's wrong with selecting 4 units now (semester) and then when the semester ends, you select another 4 units for the second half of the year. Is it compulsory that you put all your 8 units for the whole year.

G

Gavvvvvin

RHINO7 said:
Yeah, you just choose your units for autumn and then before next semester starts you do the process again.

Also, I'm just checking, so we don't have to confirm our registrations at the moment (which will allow us to chop and change the timetable) until we are closer to beginning uni?
You can change your timetable as soon as tutorial registration for your school opens until the census date (31st March). I don't know what you mean by confirming your registration?

G

Gavvvvvin

boris2003 said:
What's wrong with selecting 4 units now (semester) and then when the semester ends, you select another 4 units for the second half of the year. Is it compulsory that you put all your 8 units for the whole year.
Nothing is wrong with that. But you may as well select your units know if you know what you want to do next semester in case of not being able to get into a unit due to too many people being enrolled. The chance of that happening is close to 0 anyway.

RHINO7

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
You can change your timetable as soon as tutorial registration for your school opens until the census date (31st March). I don't know what you mean by confirming your registration?
'CONFIRM REGISTRATION' is in a box below the table which contains your individual units or courses (4).

boris2003

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Nothing is wrong with that. But you may as well select your units know if you know what you want to do next semester in case of not being able to get into a unit due to too many people being enrolled. The chance of that happening is close to 0 anyway.
thanks for that, and for the answers yesterday, much appreciated

G

Gavvvvvin

RHINO7 said:
'CONFIRM REGISTRATION' is in a box below the table which contains your individual units or courses (4).
I'm pretty sure pressing confirm registration doesn't actually do anything...its just so you can check what your registered in.

tubtub

HSC
if you have more than one subject from the same school, do you guys open multiple browsers or just one?

starrysky

HSC
tubtub said:
if you have more than one subject from the same school, do you guys open multiple browsers or just one?
I found that having just one window open was sufficient to be able to register for all my units without losing sight of any specific lectures/tutorials I had my eye on. But if you feel it works for you, go ahead - some of the units can go really quickly; it took about ten seconds for one of the tutorials for my Psych unit to completely fill up, and the lecture lost 100 places in the first 30 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)