Tutorials???????? (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

Just wondering how many tutorials do you have to attended for a subject of 6 credit points????? Just trying to work out a timetable and stuff so i am prepared for when enrolment day comes around and also so i can work out travel arrangements!!!!!

santaslayer

HSC
From one of your learned collegues:

santaslayer said:
Online timetable...that shouldn't worry you too much yet. Worry about it later after orientation. During orientation you will of picked your subjects. At home go through SOLS (the place where UoW students go online for ALL their uni crap) ...and you should have a shorter and much more concise timetable that is ONLY relavent to YOU.

What you do is go through each course you'll be doing 1st session. that is, read over the brief introduction it provides...(it should be a link)...and from there, you'll see information on your contact hours for that particular subject. it should say crap like:

1L, 2 T, 1S....

some crap like that...
which means 1 hr lecture, 2 hr tute and 1 hour seminar....

from that informTION you should be able to go through the timetable (in SOLS) and work out a decent timetable....

because the uni is undergoing a change in timetabling....your timetable shoud be somewhat flexible....

before it was 1st in 1st served... (easy)

now its a preference systemm....*fuck*

you shopuld understand after orientation....

ChRiS_2004

Well i cant really do that coz i dont have a student number to enrol so i think i have to wait for it later but i wanted to be prepared coz i have looked and worked out a timetable from the faculty timetables that have been ut up but i guess i have to wait to see how many tutorials i will need thanks for the help anyway santa. Has anyone got other suggestions on trying to find out how many tutorials i have to attend?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
chris_gleeson24 said:
Well i cant really do that coz i dont have a student number to enrol so i think i have to wait for it later but i wanted to be prepared coz i have looked and worked out a timetable from the faculty timetables that have been ut up but i guess i have to wait to see how many tutorials i will need thanks for the help anyway santa. Has anyone got other suggestions on trying to find out how many tutorials i have to attend?
You don't need a student number to look at the subject descriptions.

As santa said, there's a section entitled Contact Hours on the description page. It normally says how many hours of lectures, tutorials, seminaors, labratory, practical work needs to be done.

santaslayer

HSC
Without Wings said:
sadly only one of my subjects has contact hours. will have to wait till the day to figure it all out i guess :) as im assuming that different subjects may have different contact hours? or are they all the same?
Different subjects will have different contact hours. The number of credit points does not really dictate the level of hours required. It all depends on the nature of the subject in question.

You should really revise the timetable just before u select your tutorials. Subject timetables WILL probably change. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Without Wings said:
i can just leave it till enrollment day and decide then right? because as im not really sure of how many tutorials i need for each subject, then there's no point deciding - well i guess i could decide first preference, 2nd, 3rd etc, so that if i need 2, then i just choose my first 2 etc etc. ok i will check the timetable a day before i go to enroll, thanks santaslayer. i hope they change my monday 8:30am lecture :p
8:30...that's farkkkked...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)