Tutoring 2/3 Unit MATHS in HILLS DISTRICT: 99.95 ATAR, 4 state ranks, 1st in Baulko (1 Viewer)

Munitions

HSC
Hello, my name is Ryan and I am offering one-to-one tutoring for 2 and 3 Unit Mathematics.

CREDENTIALS

99.95 ATAR in 2009.

Dux of Baulkham Hills High School, 2009. (School ranked 2nd in NSW)
1st in Mathematics Extension 1 and Ancient History at BHHS

HSC Results:

Ancient History: 99 (State-ranked 2nd)
English Advanced: 97 (State-ranked 18th)
Legal Studies: 99 (State-ranked 2nd)
Mathematics Extension 1: 99
Mathematics Extension 2: 97

Modern History: 98 (State-ranked 2nd)

Tutoring experience:

I tutored 2 Unit Mathematics to fellow HSC students throughout 2009 as part of Baulkham Hills High School's 'Tutorial Service', a peer tutoring program.

METHOD

As a tutor, I seek to impart the same keys to my HSC success upon my students. These revolve around one central principle:

A fundamental UNDERSTANDING of mathematical concepts.
Fully comprehending WHY Maths works rather than just knowing formulae and memorising steps to answering generic questions is, in my experience, vital to achieving at the highest level in the HSC.

I seek not to inform you, but to help you to UNDERSTAND. I will accomplish this through a comprehensive explanation of the theory behind mathematical concepts, a topic-by-topic method targeting any trouble spots that I identify in individual students, and, of course, by teaching the practical application of theory in HSC-style examination questions.

This is the system of learning I discovered for myself during the HSC year and which guided me to tremendous success.

DETAILS
$35 per 1 hour lesson.

Lessons will be held at my Baulkham Hills home. It is located within a minute's walk of Model Farms High School.

Contact me via email: ryan.h.y.miu@gmail.com,or PM me here.

I look forward to aiding you through what can be a very challenging year!

life92

HSC
Re: Tutoring 2/3 Unit MATHS in HILLS DISTRICT: 99.95 ATAR, 4 state ranks, 1st in Baul

Okay. So all I need to say is... this guy is a freak of nature :)
I mean, look at all of those state ranks LOL
Too bad he didn't get one for Maths though. xP
He still owned.

Highly recommended ;)
I'm sure he'll be a really good tutor ~~
He's very smart and knows his stuff really well (as you can see from his state ranks)
Anyone who gets to be tutored by Ryan will definitely benefit and will be lucky to be tutored by him.

Btw, gw on the marks Ryan :)

Edit: You should tutor 4U too XD
It's good for you haha
Btw, what didn't end up counting? o__o

Last edited:

Munitions

HSC
Re: Tutoring 2/3 Unit MATHS in HILLS DISTRICT: 99.95 ATAR, 4 state ranks, 1st in Baul

Thanks!:D

Ancient didn't count, unfortunately. I quite liked Ancient.

Nah, I think it would be more effective for me to concentrate my energies on just one or two subjects. Quality over quantity!

Munitions

HSC

Bump.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

Damn 4 ranks, I think you're the only guy in 09 to do that, congrats!

I'm quite surprised for a state rank like second (Despite it being ancient) didn't count for you. Perhaps this adds some premise to the whole do hard subjects because of scaling haha.

Anyways, highly recommend Ryan im sure looking at those credentials he'l serve you well as a tutor!

Munitions

HSC

Thanks! Well, I can't really say that Ancient was an "easy" subject :p

Maybe I'll see you around USYD!

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

So you were the guy who Jayson89 mentioned. Good luck with tutoring.

Munitions

HSC

Yep, thanks. :)

Munitions

HSC

Bump!

Munitions

HSC

Bump:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)