TUTORING FOR ALL SUBJECTS? (1 Viewer)

Paaandora

HSC
hi guys
im currently in y10 and next year, i was wondering if i should do tutoring for all subjects? These are where im planning to go:
math- du
eng- jp english
phys and chem- peak
economics- crest

would the workload be too much? and if so, how many subjects should i be tutored in?
thanks

moonsuyoung

HSC
hi guys
im currently in y10 and next year, i was wondering if i should do tutoring for all subjects? These are where im planning to go:
math- du
eng- jp english
phys and chem- peak
economics- crest

would the workload be too much? and if so, how many subjects should i be tutored in?
thanks
Hi!
Def don't do tutoring for all subjects as you won't have enough time and it will get quite expensive. I recommend maths and any other subject you find a bit difficult with.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
hi guys
math- du
eng- jp english
phys and chem- peak
economics- crest

thanks
you can even go through all your subjects without tutoring if you have the dedication to do it on your own and study properly, but it's totally fine if you don't (i don't, and i go tutoring for maths/chem/eng). workload seems too much though, i'd suggest cutting down (if i were you, i'd cut english and eco as a start).

but just don't be like my friend who does tutoring for all 12 units (yea, 12 - 4u maths/eng/phys, chem, bio). it's a waste of money and time, especially since one of the remaining non-english subjects won't count) - it's a waste of money and time

anonymoushehe

HSC
you can even go through all your subjects without tutoring if you have the dedication to do it on your own and study properly, but it's totally fine if you don't (i don't, and i go tutoring for maths/chem/eng). workload seems too much though, i'd suggest cutting down (if i were you, i'd cut english and eco as a start).

but just don't be like my friend who does tutoring for all 12 units (yea, 12 - 4u maths/eng/phys, chem, bio). it's a waste of money and time, especially since one of the remaining non-english subjects won't count) - it's a waste of money and time
tf all 12 units how do they even balance the workload

Galactic Drama

HSC
hi guys
math- du
eng- jp english
phys and chem- peak
economics- crest

thanks
I recommend that you go to Sigma for Physics and Ace for Chemistry as they provide a better range of questions especially for exams. Also you do not need economics tutoring in year 11. Instead I suggest you put in the time to find questions online and just work through them and ask your school teacher to check and short and extended responses.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
tf all 12 units how do they even balance the workload
as someone who does 12 units as well the workload at school itself isn't bad at all, but i only do tutoring for maths/chem/eng πŸ’€

i think she told me that she has tutoring like 5/7 days a week. i don't know how she deals with it she's mad

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I recommend that you do Sigma for physics and Ace for Chemistry as they provide a better range of questions especially for exams. Also you do not need economics tutoring in year 11. Instead I suggest you put in the time to find questions online and just work through them and ask your school teacher to check and short and extended responses.
sigma and ace cost a lot though (and for sigma i know there was a mass exodus of people from my school from there because the costs went up or something). peak's a much cheaper alternative (that most of the people who left sigma went to) that still has really good qs and has good teaching

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I understand that by its very nature, it’s very competitive to achieve a high ATAR, but I assume the reason for aiming for a high ATAR is to get into a desirable Uni course. The risk of getting tutored for every single HSC subject, is that the student may not learn how to learn independently and can struggle, if not fail, at Uni. Iβ€˜ve seen this happen quite a few times.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
hi guys
math- du
eng- jp english
phys and chem- peak
economics- crest

thanks
πŸ’€ its like looking into a mirror back in 2022 πŸ’€πŸ’€

To answer your question, hell yes it will be too much ( I learnt this the hard way last yr). Tutoring does not determine your marks. Ik your parents are like ' when I was your age, I was already getting tutored by 9 people 26 hrs a day everyday, whilst still running 3 businesses and managing 16 families' type crap (dw its a common thing in asian households), but no. Tutoring does not contribute to your marks, so bombarding youself with 50 pages worth of content isn't healthy and it WILL affect you mentally. I pray that you don't do what I did back in yr 9 bc I regretted ever doing so much tutor. My grades plummeted to levels I didn't even expect were even possible. Pick the subjects you geniunely want to learn ahead on and the subjects that you aren't doing as well in. Also think of this as a thing in the future. When you get into uni, do you really think there's a dr du centre close to the station tutoring medicine or compsci? You'll not only be faced with immense pressure from tutor and school, but also will find it difficult in the future as you'd be most likely be reliant on tutors to spoonfeed everything.

anonymoushehe

HSC

To answer your question, hell yes it will be too much ( I learnt this the hard way last yr). Tutoring does not determine your marks. Ik your parents are like ' when I was your age, I was already getting tutored by 9 people 26 hrs a day everyday, whilst still running 3 businesses and managing 16 families' type crap (dw its a common thing in asian households), but no. Tutoring does not contribute to your marks, so bombarding youself with 50 pages worth of content isn't healthy and it WILL affect you mentally. I pray that you don't do what I did back in yr 9 bc I regretted ever doing so much tutor. My grades plummeted to levels I didn't even expect were even possible. Pick the subjects you geniunely want to learn ahead on and the subjects that you aren't doing as well in. Also think of this as a thing in the future. When you get into uni, do you really think there's a dr du centre close to the station tutoring medicine or compsci? You'll not only be faced with immense pressure from tutor and school, but also will find it difficult in the future as you'd be most likely be reliant on tutors to spoonfeed everything.
omg your eatery is eating

Paaandora

HSC

guys my new tutoring is:

maths: dr du, SCOM, ngos, talent 100
english, jp eng and J Academy and intuition
chem: toplogic, peak, zhangs hsc
phys: ace and matrix
biology: zhang and matrix
economics: crest and project

just kidding :)
maths: dr du
English: jp eng
chem and phys- peak

pls give feedback

Last edited:

kkk579

hello
HSC

character development

sheppy123

HSC

or you just pay 200 an hour for a university tutor

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
guys my new tutoring is:

maths: dr du, SCOM, ngos, talent 100
english, jp eng and J Academy and intuition
chem: toplogic, peak, zhangs hsc
phys: ace and matrix
biology: zhang and matrix
economics: crest and project

chem and phys- peak

pls give feedback
is the english even neccessary?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
chem and phys- peak

pls give feedback
i don't think you need jp eng for eng tutoring. it's a group tutoring centre, so they're not even going to be text-specific (and even in the hsc year the analysis group centres give tend to be surface-level and generic).

personally i'd suggest not having a tutor in y11, and if you feel you need to (or you don't have teachers who don't give you constant good feedback) then get a private tutor in y12. y11 is where you should put in *your* own effort to improve on your english skills - where you're struggling with (creative writing, essay structuring and expression, analysis, etc). putting in your own effort to make your own self-evaluation and self-improvement in english in a year where your assessment tasks don't matter has a payoff - it makes english 1000x easier in y12, whether you have a tutor or not. i personally didn't have an english tutor in y11, i did all the work myself and i ended up doing much better than all my friends who did have tutors in y11 because i was spending that time building up my skills on my own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)