tutoring?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
does everyone that get good ATARS do tutoring?? someone told me that it was impossible to get over 90 without any tutroing!! is it true??

lizajane91

HSC
no. sorry to be blunt but pls use ur common sense. If you study at home, listen in class, and are a bright student you do NOT need tutoring. There are numerous threads on this topic, search around..

K

Kozak92

Tutoring is really only if you don't do enough work at home. However you can also use your tutor as someone that marks your assessments before you do it in class/hand it in since teachers at school will not tell you outright if its a 100% assessment.

I do go tutor and believe it does help me but I have a shitty study environment at home so thats my excuse.

bubbrubb

HSC
--.--'

a) I can think of a few 99.95's from my school that did it without the help of tutoring. I don't think it would be a stretch to then extrapolate that there are a TON of students who get above 90 without tutoring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OR

b) I could just say that I know of plenty of people who got above 90 without tutoring.

a) & b) are true

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Total bullshit. Whoever was telling you that was joking. :p

People do tutoring and get high ATARs. People don't do tutoring and don't get high ATARs.
People do tutoring and get low ATARs. People don't do tutoring and get low ATARs.

There's no correlation whatsoever. :)

Dosu

HSC
N/A
i also know quite a few 99+'s from my school who didn't have a single lesson of tutoring.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i got 99.6 without tutoring. i also know quite a few 99+'s from my school who didn't have a single lesson of tutoring.
Yeah this is proof. I got 99.85 with tutoring. Dosu got 99.6 without tutoring. jetblack2007 got 99.85 without tutoring.

There is no correlation. :p

Dosu

HSC
N/A
Yeah this is proof. I got 99.85 with tutoring. Dosu got 99.6 without tutoring. jetblack2007 got 99.85 without tutoring.

There is no correlation. :p
nah i sorta extrapolated my story

i did have roughly 5 lessons of physics tutoring leading up to exams but that's about it. i found the tutor himself useless but his materials were awesome. :D so count me off that list

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
total bullshit. Whoever was telling you that was joking. :p

people do tutoring and get high atars. People don't do tutoring and don't get high atars.
People do tutoring and get low atars. People don't do tutoring and get low atars.

+ 1

ilikebeeef

HSC
Total bullshit. Whoever was telling you that was joking. :p

People do tutoring and get high ATARs. People don't do tutoring and don't get high ATARs.
People do tutoring and get low ATARs. People don't do tutoring and get low ATARs.

+1. There are things called shit tutors who don't help the students as much as they should, and shit students who don't prepare as much as they should, even when with tutors.

ele_92

HSC
tutoring is only useful if you have a crap teacher or you find it really hard to understand the content and so your teacher alone is not enough
sometimes just asking your friends is useful to get a new explanation

just chill you, sound stressed...if you work hard enough and manage to understand everything you'll be fine

madsam

God among men
HSC
Unless you're aiming for like 99+, tutoring is really only a form of forcing you to do extra work.

Get some damn willpower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)