Tutors and coaching Centres (1 Viewer)

streetball

HSC
Hey,

Just wonder whether any of you' s have a turtor or go to tutor centres and what do u thinl about them?

Yea, i go to a coaching centre in Burwood which is called 'New South Wales Study Cente', yea it pretty good there....

Zephyrio

HSC
Soulsearcher = naturally smart =P

No seriously, if you get your head together there shouldn't be a need for tutoring... this guy at my school got 99.85, and a state ranking for 4U maths and all he did was study from textbooks. No tutor.

But if you're lazy like the majority of people... there are good tutors out there =)

IceOnFire

HSC
Zephyrio said:
No seriously, if you get your head together there shouldn't be a need for tutoring... this guy at my school got 99.85, and a state ranking for 4U maths and all he did was study from textbooks. No tutor.
What school do you go to?

Rebecca1234

HSC
i go to an afternoon study centre which is ran by my school and it is every second afternoon for 2 hours or more, whatever time u prefer and whatever times u need. Its good, they have university students there whom study specific subject like economics, business and accounting and all of that. It is quiet good :) u have internet access, ran in the library so u have text books, etc available .... OVerall really good, u can work independantly or u can have a teacher assist u or watever! Pretty good, some of my friends hold study groups, but they seem to become distracted cof of their b.f's or watever! So yeha!

Pubert

HSC
Never been to tutoring. Where there is a will there is a way (something along those lines). Learning from textbooks is really all you need, there are clear examples which help you do the questions and if you dont understand something you can always ask your teacher the next day. I guess the only real purpose of tutoring is motivation.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Tutoring is expensive haha, the whole reason why I don't get tutoring! But I might consider one for maths and chem like a few weeks before my trials or during stu-vac, just to further prepare me of important concepts and to get a hold of past trial papers from selective schools :D

IceOnFire

HSC
Went to tutoring for a term in Year 9 at North Shore.

All I did was get extra homework and learnt NOTHING.

So right now I am content just studying with my textbooks.. :D

Neurox

HSC
So whats better, coaching centres or tutors? Does it depend on the subject? Also, has anyone been to Matrix coaching college in strathfield, do they teach well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)