Tutors writes essays for you?? (1 Viewer)

ZaoKai

HSC
I have heard so many people in my school saying they have tutors who just write scaffold essays for them in HSC English. From the sound of it, all they need to do is basically memorise the essay and get a band 6. Is this true or are they just bluffing and if so where can I find one?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I have heard so many people in my school saying they have tutors who just write scaffold essays for them in HSC English. From the sound of it, all they need to do is basically memorise the essay and get a band 6. Is this true or are they just bluffing and if so where can I find one?
its true. my entire english class is like that, they get their tutors to do everything for them bc they're lazy and cant study for themselves. makes u wonder why they're doing just fine in English but flunking other subjects

idkkdi

HSC
ye it happens. spent my hsc year trying to beat english tutors for my internal ranks.

ZaoKai

HSC
this is why HSC English is a joke to me
Agreed and it's undoubtedly the hardest subject for me. I am confident that I can guarantee band 6 for all my other subjects, but for English, I am sitting around at mid-band 4 (I am legit getting higher raw assessment marks for ext 2 math than eng advanced like WTF??)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Not surprised you have a higher raw mark in ext 2 😂

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
its true. my entire english class is like that, they get their tutors to do everything for them bc they're lazy and cant study for themselves. makes u wonder why they're doing just fine in English but flunking other subjects
Yeah it’s true but it’s funny when they flunk reading comp 😭

idkkdi

HSC
Yeah unfortunately tutors write essays and people just memorise and regurgitate them
i didnt mind the regurgitation during exams much. it was the internal assignments that english tutors wrote which pissed me off. was so hard to have a high rank during internal assignments without a tutor. had to absolutely pop off in the few exams we had.

and while it probably mainly isnt exactly 'writing', the tutor likely edits so much it becomes essentially rewritten.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i didnt mind the regurgitation during exams much. it was the internal assignments that english tutors wrote which pissed me off. was so hard to have a high rank during internal assignments without a tutor. had to absolutely pop off in the few exams we had.

and while it probably mainly isnt exactly 'writing', the tutor likely edits so much it becomes essentially rewritten.
Yeah true. I think it's fine when the student understands their piece and uses the tutor as a crutch to improve their writing, but when someone who has no clue what the words on their page mean because someone else wrote it, and then they just blurt it out on paper without understanding it (and they still do well!) - it's just stupidly annoying.

but what can we do, oh well

fatBatman

HSC
does anyone know what texts like novels or "books" we might be reading for English stranded year 12 cause I wanna possibly get ahead, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)