twilight series (1 Viewer)

HaylieJaed

HSC
I've read it, and I don't understand why nobody else has responded to this post.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but the last book was...rather disappointing, in my opinion. I was delighted when I found the Twilight series. It beats Harry Potter by miles with its storyline alone. It truly is an amazing series!!

If you haven't read it, I suggest that you do so. Everybody I know is reading it - including my best friend, who hates reading! She finished the series faster than my mother did, and my mother reads extremely fast!!

They're amazing...

musochic16

HSC
i have read the twilight series and they are amazing
i agree better then harry potter and I am a fan of that as well
definately read twilight!!

auxlegna

HSC
oohhhh, i've been looking up this book debating whether if i should read it. im really reluctant to read any romance novels mainly because i dislike main characters who cries too much, especially the heroines. unfortunately all romance/fantasy related stories i've read in the past (mainly just mangas) seem to be filled with them... it made me really... negative about romance novels.

but u cant judge a book by its cover so i guess i'll go pick it up somewhere...

eff.

HSC
I've read all three .
<3 edward.
It's a wonderful read. Apparently they're making a movie out of it , can't wait til that comes out .

becky.davies

HSC
I don't think they are a craze coz i have known about this series for a while and absolutely love them!!!! I cant wait for the fourth to be released!! I love Jacob and Edward....and Alice!!

Heliotrope

HSC
I've read the first in the series, and I thought it was vapid. As someone else put it, it's a romance novel for people who don't have the guts to read a real trashy romance - with vampires thrown in for the hell of it. How many times a chapter can Bella gush about how painfully, ethereally beautiful her vampire boyfriend is? And using clumsiness as a character flaw? Come on. I understand the popularity of the series, though, and it makes me a little bit sad. Tell me I'm not the only one.

HSC
I started reading it about a month ago and got bored of it. I disliked Edward, just because everything was about how devastatingly gorgeous he is... I felt as though there are all these points where we were supposed to sympathise with him and say 'Oh, poor Edward', but I didn't feel anything for him at all... I would have liked a few more character flaws to 'humanise' him a little more, because I hate characters that are practically perfect. And Bella... I just find her kind of pathetic.

Heliotrope said:
I've read the first in the series, and I thought it was vapid. As someone else put it, it's a romance novel for people who don't have the guts to read a real trashy romance - with vampires thrown in for the hell of it. How many times a chapter can Bella gush about how painfully, ethereally beautiful her vampire boyfriend is? And using clumsiness as a character flaw? Come on. I understand the popularity of the series, though, and it makes me a little bit sad. Tell me I'm not the only one.
Haha, you said it way better than me. A little way into the book, I decided that if I really wanted to read about a girl drooling over some gorgeous guy, I'd go on myspace.

saltgunner

HSC
i was just about to start a thread about this.
I lOVE the twilight series.
i love bella, i love edward, i love jacob.
i love all the characters, and i love the story.
i think stephanie is a brilliant author, and i would recomend this book to anyone. (i've already gotten a group of 10 girls hooked onto the series :D)
i ALSO cant wait for the 4th book to come.
let me just repeat one more time for emphasis:
THE TWILIGHT SERIES IS AWESOME!

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
Yeah I read it and I like it..but it took me a while to get into at first though...so I'd say its not equivalent to the Harry Potter series, which I agree, the last book was okay, but a bit dissapointing. I think to say that its the new Harry Potter is WAY exaggereated. Harry Potter is pretty much universal whereas I think Twilight has a more romantic element to it-hence why some people don't like it. Harry Potter is more adventure u know?

I don't think younger kids would be able to get into twilight as much as we did Harry Potter at all, and to be honest, I'm pretty sure its a bit girly for guys to get into. Which poses another question:

Does the gender of the central character in a book matter to guys?

Because my ratio is about 50:50-it doesn't matter to me what sex the lead character is as long as the story is good. But the guys I know who do read books (there are few of them) are most likely seen reading Locky Leonard or whatever. so DOES IT MATTER?

Anyway, yeah I reckon the concept is excellent! However, I always thought vampires were pretty hot-I was a Buffy fan...

:)

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
when the third book was realised one of the news groups televised all these kids lining up.. dont get me wrong i love the books but if i were a mum i wouldnt let my kids read it. i think to say that it is a kids book isnt right, rather more aimed at teens! but then again i wouldnt let my kids watch the latest harry potter until they understood that it was just a story and just a movie.

HSC
who is the author of the book and is there a name for the first book of the series??? i think i saw this book in dymocks yesterday and i was going to buy it, but im not sure if it was the same one...

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
chocolatecookie said:
who is the author of the book and is there a name for the first book of the series??? i think i saw this book in dymocks yesterday and i was going to buy it, but im not sure if it was the same one...
twilight by stephanie meyers :)

HSC
o okay - thanks! so it was the book i saw at dymocks... hmmm... im thinking to buy it. how many books are in the series, and do you guys think it is worth buying?

saltgunner

HSC
yeah, i would definetly reccomend it!
its a great read, and all of the ppl i have reccomended it to really like it!

just1of4

Professional HYD lover
HSC
lol, every1 (including u) is now going to fall in love with whats-his-name from harry potter who plays cedric diggory. cause he's gonna be in the movie. lol

vixsta

HSC
oh wow!!
i wonder who told u that?? maybe me...? lol

your gay

hahaha
jokes

HSC
ahh, i can't wait to get a hold of this book and read it. Edward Cullen RUUUlLLLZ. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)