twilight series (1 Viewer)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I'm absolutely obsessed. Seriously dying for the fourth book!

I wish they chose Gaspard Ulliel instead of Robert Pattinson (Cedric in HP) for the casting though. He's my definition of a perfect Edward :shy:.

Jacob annoys the heck out of me :/.

HSC
sorry to ask again (since no one has answered yet), but how many books are in the series???

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
chocolatecookie said:
sorry to ask again (since no one has answered yet), but how many books are in the series???
Three so far (Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse). The fourth is coming out in August 2008 :).

HSC
Ah, i have twilight! My friends bought it for me and so far i am up to chapter 6. I'm so addicted! =]

bleu

HSC
hehe

Am so buying these books now.
i'm excited

Despite the fact that i'm broke thanks to bloody Xmas! lol

kiiZza91

HSC
the series is an awesome series and it is definatly one for the fans of supernatural existance

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I just finished this series it was awesome i finished it in a week!!

I am dying for the 4ht book..and in all honesty i dont even know whats so good about it lol

Does anyone have any recomendations of books for me to read that are in this genre i am dying for another addictive read!!

saltgunner

HSC
no way, Robert Pattinson is THE perfect Edward.
He is sooooo SMEXY

Sinitivity

HSC
I reckon Gaspard Ulliel or Tom Sturridge would of made excellect Edwards. Robert Pattison is anything but facial perfect... that man looks awkward =\

I'm dying for Midnight sun - the first chapter was completely dumbfounding! I absolutely love reading from Edwards perspective. You truly do grasp what sort of effect he has on her.

CAN'T WAIT for Breaking Dawn! Thinking about it makes me all giddy.
BLOODSUCKER BELLA! I don't think she'll get turned until the end. Either that or they'll turn her at the start and they whole book will be extremely dark and morbid as bella fights temptation.

I seriously can't believe bella wanted to have secks with edward. Did she really want to be impaled on his rock hard pen0r!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Gaspard Ulliel is attached to other projects; plus, I think he's playing the angel in "The Vintner's Luck" (and I think his being an angel is far more appropriate than him being a vampire).

Overall I found the series very boring. I can see why some people would like it; I just don't like it myself. Bella just seems so helpless and dull. There are a few interesting ideas in there, but it feels like they're buried in a pile of insipid comments about how Edward is so fantastic and wonderful.

I also didn't like the Harry Potter series, but I really admired Rowling's ideas, and her world-creation abilities. Meyer's just doesn't have any of that originality (either that, or she smothers it under all the poorly written romance).

Just out of curiousity, what is it that people find interesting about Bella as a character?

HSC
I loved Twilight and New Moon.
Until I read Eclipse.

Reading Twilight again after reading Eclipse makes you realise Bella is awfully shallow. The romance between her and cullen wouldn't be so superficial if for one moment she could stop thinking about how good looking he is.

Nevertheless I'm still hopelessly infatuated with Jacob and Edward. The characters are so likable! :)

Has anyone seen the actress whose suppose to play Bella in the movie? I don't see her as a Bella.. she's too pretty? if you know what I mean? She looks like a Lauren or the other pretty girls from Forks.
I reckon Emily Browning would have been perfect for the role.

Sammiesunshine

HSC
So if you haven't read this series you basically should... you might not like it and you might love it..personally myself and a whole group of my friends love it and truth be told probably talk about it alot too much.

But for the person who wanted to know what people see in Bella

well bella isn't an interesting character but girls want to be her... Edward and Jacob drooling over you as well as the average boys like Mike Newton.... What girl doesn't dream of that.

The book is great and as books go yes it has flaws but hey guys these are her first attempts at writing novels and she sells her ideas well.
If you guys thing Edward is too perfect wait for midnight sun he has problems too people!
but hey Jacob is good as well! he's no edward but he is so worthy of mention.

The cast they have so far for the movie is 2 actors and ones that aren't suited to the parts whatsoever Robert Pattinson is just blah.... maybe they should have choosen someone like jackson Rathbone... but thats personal taste everyone has their own Edward....

Sinitivity

HSC
thatsmystapler said:
Reading Twilight again after reading Eclipse makes you realise Bella is awfully shallow. The romance between her and cullen wouldn't be so superficial if for one moment she could stop thinking about how good looking he is.
That's so true! That's why I'm a Jacob/Bella shipper.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Daemontreu said:
Just out of curiousity, what is it that people find interesting about Bella as a character?
Nothing. She's about 80% pathetic, 20% genuinely funny. For me Twilight is all about Edward.

I'm 5 chapters away to the end of Twilight, which I started last night and have NM and Eclipse waiting in the wings... and I'm hooked. and the fact that Robert Pattinson is playing him makes it all the more sweeter. Bella is still a blank face. Camilla Belle is probably the closest I can think of but she's not nearly as attractive I imagined Bella to be.

HSC
Daemontreu said:
Bella just seems so helpless and dull.
Helpless? How can she compete with a vampire with super-human powers? She's just a regular human. If by helpless, you mean her clumsiness, then I understand, but that's just her character trait. However, even if she wasn't written as clumsy, she's no Edward Cullen =].

And dull? In my opinion, Bella was written to stand out. She doesn't think the same as the rest of her peers, and that's partly what Edward is attracted too. She's an 'old soul'.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
lisajf said:
I just finished this series it was awesome i finished it in a week!!

I am dying for the 4ht book..and in all honesty i dont even know whats so good about it lol

Does anyone have any recomendations of books for me to read that are in this genre i am dying for another addictive read!!
HEY HEY... City of Bones by Cassandra Clare its the 1st book in a series called The Mortal Instruments.. only bout 1/4 way through it but so far good... easy to get into but harder to continue.. just dont put in down - easy solution!! but otherwise LOVE IT!!

-contakt-

HSC
No, I haven't read it yet. Everyone I know, though, seems to love that book. I'm not really into stories that have vampires, werewolves and whatnot. But I might give this book a shot. :uhhuh:

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Whoops, clicked on this thread thinking it was about that Russian dude's Watch series, considering it has some weird mechanic to do the Twilight. It also has vampires, but its more about politics and negotiated compromises between the 'Good' guys and Bad guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)