twilight series (1 Viewer)

studentcheese

HSC
They are good but sometimes I reckon the climax and some action bits arent written well.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Oh great piece of literature. I love her writing; places me right into the moment and allows me to feel what the characters feel. However, i am not looking forward to the movie; only because of the minimal character chemistry! Oh well, never judge a book by it's cover...It's out-done Harry Potter by far!

Miffstaa

HSC
NEVAGIVEUP said:
Oh great piece of literature. I love her writing; places me right into the moment and allows me to feel what the characters feel. However, i am not looking forward to the movie; only because of the minimal character chemistry! Oh well, never judge a book by it's cover...It's out-done Harry Potter by far!
I find it a tad too descriptive. i.e. i turned on my computer and while i waited for it to load i made some cereal etc
And does anyone find it annoying how she makes her religious connotations so obvious?

HSC
this song reminds me of twilight :

how much would you bet
if i tried hard enough
i would spontaneously combust

i wish i could disapear
and run away from all of my fears
i think im coming undone

babababa da ba ba ba

so stay the night
i promise that i wont bite
cause without you there
i dont think, i can close my eyes

how do i end up this way
a constant knot in my gut
tied with uncertainty and with lust

a classic case i suppose
a haunted man who cant outrun his ghost
its in my skin and my bones

bababa da ba ba ba

so stay the night
i promise that i wont bite
cause without you there
i don't think, i can close my eyes

and now i sing ba ba ba bababababa la la la de da
ba ba ba bababababa la la la de da
ba ba ba bababababa la la la de da

- constant knot (city and colour)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
ummm
its a boredom killer.

and its different to other vampire books
;)

Freakin600

HSC
I was thinking about reading it but i've heard it's really not written that well - is it the kind of thing where there are heaps of little grammatical mistakes everywhere etc etc?

Also, people have been mentioning stuff about emo whingeing etc etc.
The whole book isn't just one of the main characters crapping on like 'oh woe is me?!' is it?

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Freakin600 said:
I was thinking about reading it but i've heard it's really not written that well - is it the kind of thing where there are heaps of little grammatical mistakes everywhere etc etc?

The whole book isn't just one of the main characters crapping on like 'oh woe is me?!' is it?
How offputting.

I know a friend who's in love with the series, and she's sort of one of those tryhard emos, so... once again, offputting...

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Some people love it. Some people don't. It really depends on you and what you like.

I personally love it, because it is easy to relate to, the story flows on, the characters are realistic (that is debatable) etc.

Bella can be whiny sometimes imo but that's not what the book is about. That is just one of her many characteristics. Apart from that she is a pretty good character. :)

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Despite the whole thing sounding like fantasy-romance, the plotline doesn't sound like total shit.
Being popular fiction, I don't expect to find it meritorious by canonical or classical literature standards - but that's what it is; pop fiction.

Might read. Eh.
When I'm bored.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
No, not at all.

It is purely a good read. And that's why I like it. :)

HSC
Freakin600 said:
lol, no, that's what editors are for. the 'badly-written' comments mean that meyer spends more time developing edward as dazzlingly gorgeous (sparkly, as a matter of fact) than she does developing him into a realistic character ;) lots of people say they can relate to the character of bella, i'm guessing they're not talking about the pathetic, boring, ungrateful, whingey part of her, just the fact that she is an average girl.

and yes, bella is a whingey emo. here is the plot of the first 100 pages: 'i'm clumsy but i'm so nice, look, i'm martyring myself to save my mother's happiness by moving in with my father who loves me and tries to make me happy, but despite his efforts i'm unappreciative and self-centred! oh look, everyone at my school likes me, how horrible! except for that one guy that doesn't like me, how horrible!'

Miffstaa

HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
Hm, is it really worth the read?

no.
it will fry your brain and if by some possibility you do catch the syndrome, you will consider it as the best book that has ever been written...when it is not. Definitely read other literary works. I recommend 'Sand and Foam' by Khalil Gibran. :)

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
no.
it will fry your brain and if by some possibility you do catch the syndrome, you will consider it as the best book that has ever been written...when it is not. Definitely read other literary works. I recommend 'Sand and Foam' by Khalil Gibran. :)
errr...okay. =/
I read it and liked it, but I don't think it is the best book ever written coz it isn't. It is simply a book I enjoy reading. :)

Miffstaa

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
errr...okay. =/
I read it and liked it, but I don't think it is the best book ever written coz it isn't. It is simply a book I enjoy reading. :)
:)
but some people do consider it as the Holy Bible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)