Twins Unknowingly Marry (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
TWINS who unwittingly got married after they were separated at birth were victims of a quirk of fate “cruel beyond belief,” it emerged last night.

The smitten brother and sister — adopted by different families — discovered the shattering truth only after tying the knot.

Against all odds they had met and fallen for each other — neither even knowing they had a twin.

The horrified British couple faced the heartbreak of seeking to have their marriage annulled in the High Court after eventually finding out their love was forbidden.

A judge was forced to rule the union was NEVER valid in law.

The twins were not named — but it is known they were separated soon after birth. Each was adopted by different parents — who never told them they had a twin. It was not clear HOW they eventually discovered they were brother and sister.

lol...this reminds me of a House episode but real.

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article677584.ece

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It would have been truly epic if they had children before they found out.

decypher

HSC
I notice none of the articles stated how long it took for them to find out if they were siblings (i.e. how long had they been married).

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, given the lack of source, this story is sadly probally fictional.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Graney said:
Yeah, given the lack of source, this story is sadly probally fictional.
I doubt its fictional unless a High Court Judge and Politician lied about it

The couple's plight was revealed by former Liberal Democrat MP Lord Alton, who wants children to have greater rights to know their biological parents' identity. Lord Alton raised the twins' story during a House of Lords debate on the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill.

"I learned of this heartbreaking story from the High Court judge who dealt with the case,'' he said.

"We were having a casual conversation about the potential problems for donor-conceived children accidentally marrying each other and he said this could also happen (with) naturally conceived children.''

The judge told Lord Alton that the twins had been parted at birth and adopted.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
lol. The Sun is known as a trashy newspaper, but I don't think they are blatently lying about this.
So I guess having quoted the Telegraph wouldn't have been much help in convincing people lol

HSC
ari89 said:
lol...this reminds me of a House episode but real.
Lol yeah, i remember the episode you're talking about.

That must suck. I mean, they had sex and everything.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I am da twin in da OP

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it would screw you up initially, but i think you'd get over it eventually, and realise it really was completley out of your control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)