Two people ranked first (1 Viewer)

rama_v

HSC
Can two people come first in assessment marks? I know these two guys in economics who have the exact same assessment mark, they got the same mark in the trials and every assignment as well, so what would happen in this case? Would the teacher just send two firsts and then the next person comes third?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
rama_v said:
Can two people come first in assessment marks? I know these two guys in economics who have the exact same assessment mark, they got the same mark in the trials and every assignment as well, so what would happen in this case? Would the teacher just send two firsts and then the next person comes third?
yep that's exctly what happens... that was the case with another student and myself last yr.. we were ranked equal 1st in an HSC subject....

what happens there is that their internal mark will become the average of the 2 highest external exam marks... it kind of stuffs u up if one doesn't perform as well as the other.. nevertheless, it is fair

rama_v

HSC
physician said:
yep that's exctly what happens... that was the case with another student and myself last yr.. we were ranked equal 1st in an HSC subject....

what happens there is that their internal mark will become the average of the 2 highest external exam marks... it kind of stuffs u up if one doesn't perform as well as the other.. nevertheless, it is fair
oh ok..lol i guess they will have to share half an award for first in their subject at school

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh i got fucked over in physics cause the guy ranked = 1st with me got 5 marks lower than i did in the external

i woulda been on the top 20 list otherwise i think :( :(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yep, its annoying ay

there were about 100+ in visual arts in my year

a lot of people came "equal" something

hence how easily I slid from "equal 5th" to 8th, by what was 3 or 4 marks...

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
yeh im comin = first in IPT both with 94
I dont get this moderating thing with first getting the seconds highest exam mark as their internal mark
so hence i do crap in the exam with 85 but the one = to me gets a 95 what
(final outcome = HSC mark) would I be possibly getting vise versa????

kim_

I know I hate equal ranks because in the english trials for modules m friend got one mark higher than me and she was ranked 15th and I was ranked 20... so it really screws you over

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
th said:
yeh im comin = first in IPT both with 94
I dont get this moderating thing with first getting the seconds highest exam mark as their internal mark
so hence i do crap in the exam with 85 but the one = to me gets a 95 what
(final outcome = HSC mark) would I be possibly getting vise versa????
ok well ur both equal 1st....

ur TH... and ur friend is A

internal mark / HSC exam mark / Final HSC mark

TH --- 90% --- 85% --- 88%

A --- 90 % --- 95% --- 93%

since ur both ranked 1st... both ur internal marks (given that they are the 2 highest marks achieved in the actual HSC exam) become the average of the 2 highest exam marks obtained at ur school... 85+95 divided by 2 = 90%

so ur final HSC mark is the average between ur HSC exam mark and ur internal mark... 90+85 = 88%.. and 90+95=93%

if 'A' gets 85 in the exam and u get 95.. then u'll get 93% as an overal mark for that subject.. 'A' will get 88%

Hope that made sense

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)