Two summer school subjects - and one overlaps... (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Two summer school subjects - and one day overlaps...

I am looking at taking busl320 and accg323 as summer school subjects but they overlap on one day - 22 Jan 2010.

Do you think it is alright to miss on day for one subject or do they require 100% attendance. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Re: Two summer school subjects - and one day overlaps...

As long as attendance isn't compulsory, it should be alright. Make sure you have ample time to study for both exams though, BUSL320 can be difficult if you've never been exposed to tax accounting before. ACCG323 involves A LOT of boring reading too, probably more than any other unit I've ever taken.

So those two units together could be quite time consuming and somewhat difficult. I'd recommend covering BUSL320 in your own time before the summer course starts. That way you'll already be familiar with one unit and it'll be much easier for you to manage both units together.

VLTURBO

HSC

Thanks for the advice mate

Mathmatics85

HSC
last summer i took busl301,350 and it was a lot of pain. there werent so much reading but preparing for finals was very stressful because there was only 3 1/2 weeks to do the reading and cramming. i decided id never do any summer after.. plus its so god damn expensive i incurred $6,000 in fee help debt when it would only cost me $2,300 to do 2 units during a normal sem..

i recommend u do some pre reading if u r wishing to do two...

Last edited:

tajid73

HSC
R u serious?? Have u really thought about it?? those 2 really need hell amount of reading.. not mentioning those 2 are hard.. busl320 is really well known as the hardest unit for accg students' cores..
I did 323 last smstr.. n there was like soooo mucchhhh reading... i ma doing busl320 now n its so hard..

Not mentioning studying in summer isnt easy.. i did only 1 subject last summer and got my only P ever... which was really frustrating. so IMO... think about it again

merillem

HSC

Do you think it is alright to miss on day for one subject or do they require 100% attendance. Any help would be much appreciated.
That's something you'd want to be 100% sure about. Just call the faculty - they'll be able to give you the right, non-speculative answer. Better still, get it in writing...

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC

I missed a few days of BUSL320 in summer school last year and it was fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)