• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

txt 2b - The National Picture (1 Viewer)

honeyb

In the 'changing' stimulus booklet, checkout text 2b. I think that Geoff Parr's 'The National Picture' is a pretty cool piece:disco: , but we have been asked :uzi::teacher::chainsaw: what comment George Parr is making about change. Any ideas? I can see that he is telling that there has been change, but I'm not sure what he's sayting about change itself. Thanks!:D

silbi

in shows changes in attitudes..
and changes ova time (socio cultural attitudes, values, politics, lifestyle, environmental)

also change such as technological advances (appropriation of text2b from text2a--CHANGE in median) changes in national identity.........
that should give u a very brief sorta idea^^

honeyb

Thanks. I think I misinterpreted the question, as I was thinking I had to say that Parr was saying that change was a positive thing, or that change was inevitable.. You know, something about change, not what changes have actually taken place.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
he is satirising the whites who's main job consisted of rounding off the few aborogines and sendingthem to flinder's island to "civilise" them......in 2a the white man is the focus whereas geoff parr see's aborigine with truganinini's portrait in front as the 'hero'.....so he basically is satirising the white society......and wants to show that ppl today want reconciliation which can occur only by the return of land to it's original owners( use of surveyor's euipment supports this point)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I know you have to analyse all the texts for classwork and stuff, but a word of advice for the HSC is not to write about The National Picture unless explicitly asked to...there is far too muh to refer to if you want to write a half decent analysis of it, and it would be better to write about a poem or soemthing, which you can analyse much more succinctly, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)