Type Two's!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
GAAAAAAAAARRRHHH!!!! im doing superkeeneye n i h8 the friggin type 2 questions...i just cant see them.....apparently i have better language and empathy skills......but gaaaaaaargggh!! does anyone have any tips?/..i noe turn the page round but, i mean there are 25 possibilities for each question and how the hell r u supposed to get those in under a minutE?
how many type two questions are there in the UMAT?..i heard it was like 5 out of 22? According to 'Dallas' there are type three's and fours also? is this tru?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
?? there weren't that many... (are these the ones where teh shape's flipped/rotated?)
um.. you sit back in your chair and look at the picture from far away and they tend to pop out at you... if they don't do that in 30 seconds, it's time to skip the question.

gbong

HSC
u serious? isnt there like some special technique for doing section 3? oh btw, does dallas actualli teach u any skills on how to approach section3 apart from the obvious one of "turn the page around" stuff?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
nope u most definitely do NOT do what yewon says :p

what you should do is look for a special feature identifying each particular figure and go through the whole diagram...where you think you recognise it, see if you can trcae out the figure...if not then move on to the other alternatives and arrive at the solution by process of elimination.

ummm at the moment i dont have a scanner so its sorta hard to explain only verbally. when i get it (this weekend) i'll go thru some examples with you.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Yep, i jus did what inasero did, and jus practiced it a lot.
Dont worry, after some time, u'll be able to get them quite easily, u jus have to keep on working at it.
I think the Type 3 and 4s, are the patterns/sequence ones i.e. 'what comes next in this sequence?'
If i remember correctly, there were 15 Type 1 and 2s, and 15 Type 3 and 4s.
This was my favourite section, hehe :D

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
One of the type 2 q's last year was straight out of ACER's sample questions

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by inasero

what you should do is look for a special feature identifying each particular figure and go through the whole diagram...where you think you recognise it, see if you can trcae out the figure...if not then move on to the other alternatives and arrive at the solution by process of elimination.

ummm at the moment i dont have a scanner so its sorta hard to explain only verbally. when i get it (this weekend) i'll go thru some examples with you.
omg really??? wow thank u soo much!! that'd b gr8!! thanks!!

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
The trick is to pace yourself. Now you also have the sequence problems. I suggest you jump to those first, since they're easier.

The trick to type 2 is practice. You see, like type 1, you can get better at it as you do it because you know what shape you're looking for. With Type 2s, you have to be able to visualise the shapes in all dimensions.

Since they rarely use new weirdo shapes, stick to the ones you find in the prep books. The best thing to do is find a unique portion of the shape and look for it in each dimension, eg. a small triangle.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
wow..u sound jus like my sister..thats exactly wut she sed to me..n she's like 13

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by fashionista
wow..u sound jus like my sister..thats exactly wut she sed to me..n she's like 13
Your sister will make a fine doctor :D

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
You're considering doing it amidst your busy double-degree schedule? Or for someone else I take it...?

Well anyway, my advice is short and simple - buy the books off someone, (some professional courses offer theirs too) and DON'T go to the actual training courses. Waste of time and money. (take it from someone who wasted 250 bucks...I didn't even need those courses to pass, since I slept through most of it!)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
even undergrad students can apply to enter via the UMAT+interview+uni result method you realise...the only catch is that their year of studies doesn't count towards medicine, so they have to start all over again

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
You're considering doing it amidst your busy double-degree schedule? Or for someone else I take it...
well yeah, my parents sorta pushing me to try out for medicine- and i just wanna do it- and take a serious shot at it as well (since i don't wanna waste my money on it!).

also, i'm thinking of doing graduate dentistry if i don't find a job with my degree anyways. :D

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by inasero

don't undermine my wisdom~! :D

i'm assuming those type 2s are the ones where the shape is flipped rotated. i think i've said this b4. it is too late for me to tell.
there aren't that many type 2s.
and ur better off skipping the type 2s and finishing off the type 1s.
it's a decent strategy.
it worked for me ^^

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i hafta agree with you there...it would be stupid to start on the type 2's without finishing most or all of type 1...on top of that you have the logic sequence puzzles to deal with....and trust me they can get very difficult.

I recommend buying visual logic puzzle books published by MENSA

jessum

HSC
are you people serious about not wasting money on the prep courses? i spent $420.. it had better be good and make me super good at umat. grrrr.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Sorry, but you did waste your money. 420 bucks?! what sort of rip off course are you going to?! The most I paid was 250 until I realised it was a waste.

My firmest suggestion is that you sell all your books for about 200 bucks. I sold mine for 100.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
I think the Dallas course is around $400. Is that the one that u r going to, jessum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)