Typical Aussies Ruin Australia (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

I can forgive maths teachers for saying hache, but I can't forgive English teachers for saying HACHE.

How is it easier to say? I struggle.

malkin86

HSC
I've heard that most of the mob on the First Fleet came from London-way, and so we say haitch, and most of the mob on the Mayflower (American First Fleet) came from northern England, and they say aitch. (and zee... zed, people, zed!)

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Asquithian said:
Yes Australian english is the only one that answers itself as in 'How you going mate...alright?'
What's your favourite colour, blue?
What's your name, sheila?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
malkin86 said:
I've heard that most of the mob on the First Fleet came from London-way, and so we say haitch, and most of the mob on the Mayflower (American First Fleet) came from northern England, and they say aitch. (and zee... zed, people, zed!)
ITS AITCH DAMMIT!!! :chainsaw: People who can't even speak their sole language correctly are nothing but brainless fucktards

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
ITS AITCH DAMMIT!!! :chainsaw: People who can't even speak their sole language correctly are nothing but brainless fucktards
What is the correct form, though? Why should it be a higher form of American, Australian or British english over a more everyday form? Languages aren't static and are hardly uniform.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Oxford English dictionary recognises "aitch", it does not recognise "haitch"

And yes, OED is God

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Have you ever heard of dialects?

You will see the differences between cities, there are clear differences between those who live in the country and those who live in the city (even withinside ducks). If it is understood what is the problem? Apparently I say "my" as something closer to "me" (although my pronounciation differs between me and my) it is still clearly understood and I don't use it incorrectly. I am also far from a "brainless fucktard".

MoonlightSonata can you clarify for me if the Oxford English Dictionary recognises ITS and DAMMIT also if it recognises the repetitive use of "!"? :p I believe it also recognises periods ;)

If we really want to get into it, it is pronunced as the French hache. It is a similar way to lieutenant is mispronunced widely as the Americanised loo-ten-ant as opposed to the French (lieutenant being a French word) left-ten-ant, which is the way the Australian Defence Force and most other English speaking countries pronunce it.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
MoonlightSonata can you clarify for me if the Oxford English Dictionary recognises ITS and DAMMIT also if it recognises the repetitive use of "!"? :p I believe it also recognises periods ;)
Hypocrisy is not a counter-argument :p

Xayma said:
If we really want to get into it, it is pronunced as the French hache. It is a similar way to lieutenant is mispronunced widely as the Americanised loo-ten-ant as opposed to the French (lieutenant being a French word) left-ten-ant, which is the way the Australian Defence Force and most other English speaking countries pronunce it.
I stand by my OED, to the death I say!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
When you carry the full OED to me, then we can talk :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cerebrum said:
Does anyone think that the typical aussies ruin AUST? Those that quote "G'day" and sit around with there pathetic getups. It just reveals Australians to be iliterate.
Can you please stop making shitty threads.

cerebrum

HSC
Its really difficult to get my point across.... sorry about that. Some australians just say really informal things. "oi, oi oi, aussie, aussie aussie", its just not right. Although we don't need to be formal people, but we don't want to be potrayed like that.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
cerebrum said:
Some australians just say really informal things. "oi, oi oi, aussie, aussie aussie", its just not right. Although we don't need to be formal people, but we don't want to be potrayed like that.
So you are essentially saying that you experience a culture cringe at the kath and kim-ness of australia? How is it just not right?

It is more just natural, language is an important part of differentiating ourselves from others and it is well known that if left alone for long enough a distinct dialect will emerge. For instance canadian french is much closer to 18th century french than modern french.

cerebrum

HSC
Kath and Kim? How many Australian made movies or series are popular in other countries. American movies and series are very popular in Australia. The graphics and plot is excellent also.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
cerebrum said:
Kath and Kim? How many Australian made movies or series are popular in other countries. American movies and eries are very popular in Australia. The graphics and plot is excellent also.
The pommies love Neighbours
:uhhuh:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I hate kath and kim... i don't think it's funny at all, maybe I can't get the jokes cuz I'm the kinda person they're mocking :p

There have been many popular Australian tv series (and in the past movies), we have some surprisingly good local talent... but at the moment our movies are a little teh lame.

K

katie_tully

cerebrum said:
The stereotypical aussies are just a shame to our nation.
i just don't agree to most of the slang term.
That doesn't make sense
What is a stereotypical Aussie, and since when has being the average, stereotypical Aussie been something to be ashamed of?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
The pommies love Neighbours
:uhhuh:
They also love Kath and Kim, according to recent reports.

cerebrum said:
Kath and Kim? How many Australian made movies or series are popular in other countries. American movies and eries are very popular in Australia. The graphics and plot is excellent also.
It isn't that simple given that US shows and movies flood our market like there's no tomorrow. The 'better' movies and shows may be popular, and a number are quite clever and worthy of praise, but at the same time there are many that are clearly not up to scratch yet they continue to be shown given that they are 'dumped' here in Australia after a mediocre run on a US cable network. Don't build the US industry into something that it isn't.

As for the Australian industry, NTB seems to have covered that point.

cerebrum said:
The stereotypical aussies are just a shame to our nation.
i just don't agree to most of the slang term.
Why should we be ashamed of the 'stereotypical' australian (suburban, laid back, hard-working and wanting a fair go for all)? Why the cultural cringe?

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I hate kath and kim... i don't think it's funny at all, maybe I can't get the jokes cuz I'm the kinda person they're mocking :p

There have been many popular Australian tv series (and in the past movies), we have some surprisingly good local talent... but at the moment our movies are a little teh lame.
I don't like Kath and Kim either, don't find it funny at all

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
supercharged said:
Excuse me, but what dialect of Chinese do you speak?

tattoodguy

nah those full on yobbbo, hilll billy hick type aussies such as glen on big brother?

there fuckign funny cunts, their decent pppple.

There alot better than alot of the dirty immigrants over here.

if you dont like aussies, do us all a favor and fucking leave, ur not welcome here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)