U dot A dot I (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
What do guys reckon you'll getand what do you want to get. Go and SAM yourself.

Through SAM [its still stuck on 2003], this is what I reckon I'll get;

English Adv - 85
MX1 - 95
MX2 - 95
Physics - 90
Eco - 80

Since its 2004, it gives me 97.70, probably a low 97 with current standards. I wanna get 98, so I'll have to improve my eco.

See what you guys get, or use JUAI [which I'll do some other day].

Guernica

HSC
I'm not sure what I'm aiming for.. haha. When I get my year 11 report, I'll SAM it.. because I don't know all my final marks and ranks

P

pLuvia

When I SAMed my result for my yearlies I got around 83 - 85 :(:(

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well dont put your yearlies marks in. Remebers, SAM wants your aligned HSC mark. Your school could set shit exams which you could 100 in. Compare it to the state.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I've still gotta check out my predicted marks and SAM them. I'll tell u wat i get later.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bookie said:
Well dont put your yearlies marks in. Remebers, SAM wants your aligned HSC mark. Your school could set shit exams which you could 100 in. Compare it to the state.
yeah i figured as much :D i put my yearlies in before and got given 87, not too bad, but not my target either.

tennille

HSC
kadlil said:
When I SAMed my result for my yearlies I got around 83 - 85 :(:(
I wouldn't be too fussed about the prediction SAM gives you based on your yearlies. You may perform much better in the HSC course than the preliminary course.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
You may perform much better in the HSC course than the preliminary course.
That is true. I know i wasn't at my full potential in yr 11 because i felt i could do ALOT better. I am working on it now. :)

HSC
you guys do realise that your year 11 yearly marks are in no way shape or form reflect your year 12 marks? year 11 marks are probably tenfold easier to get (well in my subjects at least, not sure for the hard maths people) than year 12

P

pLuvia

Yep I know, just seeing what I would get :p

Yeh I can do heaps better this year, I didn't focus as much because it didn't matter that much

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Bookie said:
What do guys reckon you'll getand what do you want to get. Go and SAM yourself.

Through SAM [its still stuck on 2003], this is what I reckon I'll get;

English Adv - 85
MX1 - 95
MX2 - 95
Physics - 90
Eco - 80

Since its 2004, it gives me 97.70, probably a low 97 with current standards. I wanna get 98, so I'll have to improve my eco.

See what you guys get, or use JUAI [which I'll do some other day].
No, sam is 2003. Drop your uai by 1 point and its probably realistic. Your year will be 3 yrs after what sam is constructed for, 2003.

You'll need to be top 10/15 for ur 4u mark.
You should get more than 80 for eco.....
Phys ull need to be top 35 to get 90.
3u - Top 20 or so
English- No idea.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I can make top 10 in maths. I sure hope I get more than 80 for eco. I reckon I'll get into top 30 for physics. I have no idea what I'll get for English. I'll just be optimistic.

tennille

HSC
Riviet said:
That is true. I know i wasn't at my full potential in yr 11 because i felt i could do ALOT better. I am working on it now. :)
That's the best way to go. Don't burn yourself out before the HSC. :)

HSC
What makes you guys think that you will get in the 90s for MX1 and MX2?

What raw marks would you need (?/120 for MX2 and ?/84 for MX1) ?

I think you guys are aiming to high, only a select few achieve that, and I dont think you guys are Ruseans so youll find that task quite difficult.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
RideTheLightnin said:
What makes you guys think that you will get in the 90s for MX1 and MX2?

What raw marks would you need (?/120 for MX2 and ?/84 for MX1) ?

I think you guys are aiming to high, only a select few achieve that, and I dont think you guys are Ruseans so youll find that task quite difficult.
My self confidence and motivation promises that, if you put in all your efforts and hard work, anything is possible.
You would need about 60-70+ out of 120 in 4u and 70+/84 in 3u to achieve 90s in each.
We aim high because we know we can do it. And no, you don't have to go to james ruse to acheive top results in the hsc. Nothing is difficult, it is only your mind that tells you that it's difficult, nothing else. Remember, anything is possible, that is way to go!!

HSC
Riviet said:
My self confidence and motivation promises that, if you put in all your efforts and hard work, anything is possible.
You would need about 60-70+ out of 120 in 4u and 70+/84 in 3u to achieve 90s in each.
We aim high because we know we can do it. And no, you don't have to go to james ruse to acheive top results in the hsc. Nothing is difficult, it is only your mind that tells you that it's difficult, nothing else. Remember, anything is possible, that is way to go!!
I know you guys can do it, and I know that I can do it too. But I dont think its really that possible when you guys are spending lots of times on these forums, and 90s...as silvekeo said, you need to be in the top whatever to get it, it just seems a bit unrealistic, but good luck nonetheless.

EDIT- forgot to put the quote in, soz

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Sikeveo was referring to my school rankings. I came about 10th in the grade this year, which I reckon is a pretty awesome effort. So allow some places, and I should make the top 15-20 next year, which should ensure me a high 90s mark. Maths is my forte bro. And If I'm gonna get anywhere near a 99, I'm relying on my maths.

HSC
Well you better start doin past papers, like i am, suddenly im all motivated so im gonna look at some.

P

pLuvia

Same maths is my forte as well :) came top 10 in 2u and 3rd in 3u so that's awesome :):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)