• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC Advice Please (1 Viewer)

memo15

HSC
Hey,
So basically i recieved an ATAR of 88.95 (lower than my 90 goal :/) but i really want to do pharmacy at usyd .. last years cut off as around 85, but since the STAT exam got removed im thinking it'll go up this year? If i dont make the cut off for pharmacy then i was hoping to do a science degree then transfer to medicine.. If that happens what are some courses I can put down on my UAC application form (<85 ATAR)? (preferably at USYD, UTS or UNSW)

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Umm my first question is have you applied for the uac "education access scheme". If so i wouldn't worry too much about the cutoff that gives u a buffer of about 5 marks. Secondly the cutoffs don't tend to fluctuate too much i guess except for pharm comparing last year to the previous year but that was seen by most causes because of the uncapping of uni places (faculty getting greedy XD), thirdly the officially released cutoff is not do all or end all, it has been noted that people have been able to get in even tho their atar is bellow the official cutoff. My advice keep it as first pref if that's wat you really want and then follow it up with courses you would actually consider long term options for
I hope that helps good luck :)

Ps pharmacy is hell :p

jks jks but it does require hardwork :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)