macochris1

Yip__Seyy
HSC
hey umm lol lets just say that my preferences were as follows:
1. b.engineering/commerce @ unsw
2. b.engineering(any specialty) @ unsw
3. b. comm @ unsw
4. b. eco @ unsw

and the main round comes along and i get an offer to my 2nd option (b.engineering(any specialty) @ unsw) because i satisfy the ATAR requirements.

I then accept this offer with the option of turning it down later on.

Then in the next two 'late' rounds, would moving that option to number 4 or completely off the list do anything?!?! in the aim of moving the options below it up and thereby having a chance for an extra offer.

i hope you guys understand what im tryin to say lol.
cheers

Kelly47

HSC
I'm pretty sure it would be fine; once you've got the offer, you've got the offer. It would raise your chances of being offered one of the preferences you move above it, obviously, I think.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Yes that would be fine.

UAC said:
You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which offer to accept. If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
You can only receive one offer to a Commonwealth-supported course in each offer round. Not all institutions make offers in the October, November, December and Early January Rounds.

The majority of offers are made in the Main Round. Institutions only make offers in the Early February and Final rounds if there are vacancies.

UAC said:
Do I need to change my course preferences between offer rounds?
No, not unless you have changed your mind about what you wish to study.
If you receive an offer to your first course preference in one offer round you will not be considered for your lower course preferences in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your course preferences .

Last edited:

astroe

HSC
But I don't know, just to ease my paranoia, I'd make it the last preference (assuming you got into your first preference), and not completely remove it from the list. :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)