UAC application question (1 Viewer)

PierreThomas

HSC
Hey there, I'm just a little confused about something. I applied for university through UAC, and I know the Main Round Offers aren't released until Jan, but I'm just confused because this is what the website says: "Apply by Friday 5 December 2014 and provide all documents by Friday 16 January 2015 to guarantee consideration in the Main Round. If you have already applied, you can change your preferences for the Main Round until Wednesday 7 January 2015."

Do I need to do anything? And also, the main course I wanted to get into was BOA (Media and Communications) at Sydney University, but since my ATAR was under by 5 points, I'm looking at getting into Bachelor of Arts and then place to transfer into Media and Communications. Media sits as my no. 1 preference (though I could be wrong about this - I can't check now) with Bachelor of Arts as my second, should I just change it or leave it as it is?

xenophanes

HSC
Hey there, I'm just a little confused about something. I applied for university through UAC, and I know the Main Round Offers aren't released until Jan, but I'm just confused because this is what the website says: "Apply by Friday 5 December 2014 and provide all documents by Friday 16 January 2015 to guarantee consideration in the Main Round. If you have already applied, you can change your preferences for the Main Round until Wednesday 7 January 2015."

Do I need to do anything? And also, the main course I wanted to get into was BOA (Media and Communications) at Sydney University, but since my ATAR was under by 5 points, I'm looking at getting into Bachelor of Arts and then place to transfer into Media and Communications. Media sits as my no. 1 preference (though I could be wrong about this - I can't check now) with Bachelor of Arts as my second, should I just change it or leave it as it is?
If you have submitted all relevant documentation for the uni courses you have applied for, then no you've done everything you need to do until offers come out. And I don't think it matters if you change or not, because you will get an offer for the highest preference you are eligible for. Whether BA is 1st or 2nd, doesn't matter! Also, off chance they take more people this year for your degree of choice..?

CTon

HSC
Did you register before December 5? If yes, you're fine.
Do you need to submit any extra documents to be considered for certain courses (like portfolios for Visual Arts for example)? If no, you're sweet. If yes, do it before January 16.

Forget your ATAR to an extent and just order your preferences in the order of what you want to get into. You've got 9, so you may as well use them.

Whilst I'm an ACT student and I'm not so aware of the happenings specifically related to applying at USYD, UNSW, UTS, etc. I believe for USYD you can apply for Flexible Entry if you're within 5 points of the ATAR required for a particular course and still get in.
http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/access-sydney/flexible-entry.shtml
https://sydneystudent.sydney.edu.au/sitsvision/wrd/SIW_TTQ

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Another Question about UAC..

I just changed my preference, do I get some confirmation from them that my preference has changed ?

also

this is about rounds; That if I get an offer from a University but its not my desired course, could I keep it on the side and come back to it after I check that maybe I could get into my desired course in the later rounds ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)