UAC Applications are now OPEN. (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm pressing quit. I assume they'd let us change it after we submit the application, but I'm going to err on the side of caution, just in case.
EDIT: Also playing it safe, Decided to quit it too until UAC fixes this issue.

Last edited:

moocow920

HSC
Andrew's. have you got like a handbook and stuff yet??
Guess I'll be seeing you around then, I cannot wait for next year. Not a hardcopy or anything but got a digital one with my offer, only accepted and sent though the forms yesterday so I assume I'll get more stuff throughout the year.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
No doubt, just really want to get into Global Studies so i'm seeing which courses would be similar if I don't make it in

What are your guys opinions on applying for a completely new subject? There are 3 new courses in Communications at UTS, Communication (Digital and Social Media/Creative Writing/Cultural Studies) and i'm thinking about going for Cultural Studies
My girlfriend is currently doing the Writing and Cultural Studies branch of Communications and absolutely adores it to pieces. It's a fair bit of reading, and also quite a bit of writing too, but you touch on serious social issues in history like abortion and gender roles and you also get to take interesting points of view on things like 'skin' as a social being (my understanding of that was limited, but it sounded interesting when she was explaining it to me :haha:). She wouldn't trade the degree for anything.

Killerb47

HSC
Guess I'll be seeing you around then, I cannot wait for next year. Not a hardcopy or anything but got a digital one with my offer, only accepted and sent though the forms yesterday so I assume I'll get more stuff throughout the year.
Yeah fair enough. If you are doing any business, finance, economics or maths subjects during your degree we'll probs be in the same stuff for a while. Definitely so keen for school to end and uni to start.

albm95

HSC
My girlfriend is currently doing the Writing and Cultural Studies branch of Communications and absolutely adores it to pieces. It's a fair bit of reading, and also quite a bit of writing too, but you touch on serious social issues in history like abortion and gender roles and you also get to take interesting points of view on things like 'skin' as a social being (my understanding of that was limited, but it sounded interesting when she was explaining it to me :haha:). She wouldn't trade the degree for anything.
Ah that's good to hear. It's been split into 3 areas this year according to the website, so hopefully I won't have to do as much writing if I get into the Cultural Studies pathway, and that's if I don't make it into Global Studies. Pretty reassuring to know at least somebody is really passionate about it hahaha

T-Hud

HSC
Is the most logical way to order your preferences by ATAR cut-off?

I am illiterate at this stuff.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes, the course with the highest cut off goes first.

iBibah

HSC

Not if you prefer the uni with a lower cutoff.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Not always. It's always dream course first because quite often you'll find unis accept people even when they don't make the cut off (Happened to a lot of my friends taking Law at Usyd/Unsw last year). Even if you miss it then they'll just go down the list of your preferences until you get to one which accepts you. So for that reason dream course 1st preference and then alternative plans next. It can go down from highest ATAR to lowest from there if you like, but really it's a "preference list" so it's what you prefer that comes first, not necessarily the highest ATAR.

G0

HSC
i got charged 60 bucks i pressed 28 year 12 option.

T-Hud

HSC
Not always. It's always dream course first because quite often you'll find unis accept people even when they don't make the cut off (Happened to a lot of my friends taking Law at Usyd/Unsw last year). Even if you miss it then they'll just go down the list of your preferences until you get to one which accepts you. So for that reason dream course 1st preference and then alternative plans next. It can go down from highest ATAR to lowest from there if you like, but really it's a "preference list" so it's what you prefer that comes first, not necessarily the highest ATAR.
Alright thanks for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)