UAC books (2 Viewers)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
do you have to submit your prefernces before you get your results?
if a course goes up from 03 --> 04 is it likely to go up again this year?

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I thought it wasn't open yet?? Not open til August the 2nd or something. Or maybe I'm just making that up after hearing so many dates read out to me when we got the books. *shrugs*. Either way I haven't.

mack

Banned
HSC
We got a guide today for 2005. I jumped for joy when i saw the cutoff for Law at USYD was 96.75. I couldnt believe my eyes, i was so happy, i knew it was too good to be true. And it was. I was looking at the Fee paying cutoffs section of the book.

cameron0110

HSC
porge said:
do you have to submit your prefernces before you get your results?
if a course goes up from 03 --> 04 is it likely to go up again this year?
You have to submit your preferences before you get your results- by August, however you can change them later. Technically you could submit them in January but you have to pay like $130 or something worth of late application fees so my advice is to submit them in August then just change them closer to the time.
For the second question, I don't think they will mainly because from memory this year fees or something were set to increase or something like that and a lot more ppl applied last year than would probably have applied usually so I reckon they won't change too much, although I'm basing that on my very dodgy memory.

kpq_sniper017

yulia said:
I thought it wasn't open yet?? Not open til August the 2nd or something. Or maybe I'm just making that up after hearing so many dates read out to me when we got the books. *shrugs*. Either way I haven't.
Aug 2nd also happens to be the date that many schools start their trials....maybe that's where u got the date from...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No you have to submit prefences, just put down primary education or something. It is alot cheaper and you can change your prefences up until the 5th of Janurary or something for free.

cameron0110

HSC
Sorry looks like I was wrong about the date for putting preferences in. It starts in August and you have till the end of September to put them in before you have to pay a late fee. My bad.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ragerunner said:
The 2003 University cut-offs are decided by the 2003 student candidature.

The 2004 University cut-offs are decided by the 2004 student candidature.

It wouldn't really make sense if the 2004 cut-offs were decided by the 2003 students.

When I say decided I don't mean they decide the cut-offs themselves, rather what everyone selected as their preferences.
hang on...you're supposed to say:
2004 cutoffs are decided by the 2003 HSC canditure - thats the correct sentence

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Whoops.

Yeah. Wasn't thinking when I typed that.

kpq_sniper017

Minai said:
hang on...you're supposed to say:
2004 cutoffs are decided by the 2003 HSC canditure - thats the correct sentence
i.e. cut-offs for entry into uni in 2004?? i.e. class of '03 students?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yulia said:

lol dont worry that was my mistake.
i thought it was opened.
but you were right. :)

lengstar

HSC
Can i just note that Bachelor of Nursing, University of Sydney, even though listed in the UAC will not be accepting local students to this course. I was announced in my lecture that it was only available to a limited amount of international students.
Bachelor of Nursing ( Indigineous Health Studies ) is available to a limited amount of local students. Many unions, staff and students are working on reversing this decision by the University of Sydney Chancellors in cooperation with the Federal Government, mainly Brendon Nelson, Minister of Education. Any support against this movement to allow the Bachelor of Nursing to continue at University of Sydney would be well appreciated for the benefit of the states future. Thank You.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)