UAC deadline!! (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Asking on behalf of a friend -

On UAC's website, it says the deadline for changing UAC preferences for main round offers is 7th of january midnight. Is that in a few hours time or in a day and a bit hours time? I thought it was the latter. But I need confirmation lol.

thanks guys!

mreditor16

HSC
Guys, I need more opinions. Got a friend in waiting.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Should probably be 4 hours and a bit, since by the time the light from a clock that reads midnight reaches your eyes and is processed by your brain, midnight has passed and the date has become 7 Jan.

Kaido

be.
HSC
If we consider the time this information is relayed to mreditor16 and the time he relays to his friend + the time his friend enters it into the computer as well as the fixes/changes they will make. Considering the speed of light c and the total internet traffic as well as the processing in between servers and communication devices (i.e. delays). They will have ~3 hours 12 minutes

+ the discrepancy between information relay (as Integrand mentioned)

mreditor16

HSC
If we consider the time this information is relayed to mreditor16 and the time he relays to his friend + the time his friend enters it into the computer as well as the fixes/changes they will make. Considering the speed of light c and the total internet traffic as well as the processing in between servers and communication devices (i.e. delays). They will have ~3 hours 12 minutes

+ the discrepancy between information relay (as Integrand mentioned)
lol relayed it ages ago hahahaha

Colemans

HSC
N/A
My early offer due date was 4th midnight and i did it on that same day at 3pm. So in this case deadline must be tomorrow. Read it as "Change preferences by Midnight on 7th of Jan".

mreditor16

HSC
My early offer due date was 4th midnight and i did it on that same day at 3pm. So in this case deadline must be tomorrow. Read it as "Change preferences by Midnight on 7th of Jan".
:/

going against others...

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if its today or tomorrow.

When I did my UAC application about a year ago, the main round offer was the only round that you cannot change (it will be locked)your preference between the period when the prefs are due and the main round offers.

BlugyBlug

HSC
They can change their preferences for later round offers. Should be ok.

mreditor16

HSC
i assume that means a few hours time.
It's not opinion, it's fact.

12:00 AM, Jan 7: few hours time

11:59 PM, Jan 7/ 12:00AM, Jan 8: 1 day + few hours time

Just tell your friend to submit his or her preferences.... he or she can still change his or her preferences after submission... upto midnight (tonight)... any preference change after that applies to the rounds after the main round.
lol said friend called UAC, and the person on the phone said it closes tonight. so much for this -

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This has caused confusion every year for many years now. It's beyond me why they refuse to make it clearer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)