UAC guides (1 Viewer)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
No... it tells you last years cut offs. They don't know this years yet.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It took me an hour just to navigate around the book--it wasn't the most user-friendly (that's what I reckon). But it's good to see the descriptions of all courses at all unis in one place, with the cut-offs in the same place, even if it isn't the most organised.

volition

arr.
HSC
While it did have some useful information, I found that the UAC book wasn't as useful as the actual booklets that the universities gave out on this open day we went to. The booklets actually told you a little more about what the subjects involved and in addition to this we were able to talk to the uni representatives as well.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I finally got my UAC book 2day after the eng adv trial.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think there are some mistakes in the UAC guides too... at least 3 courses arent in there(at least in my copy) that I planned to put on my preferences and these courses are all still on the university websites and handboks that were handed out during career day which makes me slightly confused.

tennille

HSC
kami said:
I think there are some mistakes in the UAC guides too... at least 3 courses arent in there(at least in my copy) that I planned to put on my preferences and these courses are all still on the university websites and handboks that were handed out during career day which makes me slightly confused.
Maybe they are last years cut-offs. I remember getting stuff from the uni and they still had the previous year's cut-offs.

littlelyce

HSC
Any UAI cutoffs you see now are this years or earlier.

It is impossible for them to know what they will be next year because the number of people who apply for each course plays a large part in the cutoff. Just because the UAI for a course this year was 85.3 doesnt mean it wont skyrocket to 94.2 next year (unlikely, I know, but possible).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)