Uai 70-89 (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
out of curiosity post ur HSC Marks and UAI plz...

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

HSC
Business Studies - 77
English Standard - 78
IPT - 90
General Maths - 85
Hospitality - 86

UAI - 82.30

LatK7

HSC
Business Studies - 86
Religion II - 86
SDD - 86
IPT - 91
Adv. English - 76
Gen. Maths - 84

UAI: 85.80

Drmon

Optimistic Cynic
HSC
Business Studies: 79 (ARG, lol, I screwed up the HSC test)
Adv English: 82
Physics: 80
Eng Ext: 37/50
Maths: 74 (I was lucky here, My school assesment mark scaled up by about 25% because I went to an awesome school :D)
Economics: 80

This resulted in a 83.35 UAI - but because of my course choices I can get +5 bonus points in most Uni's. :)

cherise

HSC
Standard English: 76
General Maths: 85
Agriculture: 89
Chemistry: 70
Biology:90
Primary Industries: 89

UAI: 86.2:)

amulet888

HSC
i am pretty dissapointed

I need 85 or 89 for engineering, and i got 83.45. My parents and community were expecting me to get 98+ lol you can imagine what happened.

I mean i was dissapointed, but i didn't really show it, i was more concerned about filling in my alternate entry scheme apps, preparing for interviews, you know dealin with the problem - the usc isn't the end of the world.

but my parents raged, my dad is now seriously thinking about kicking me out of the house "so i can learn reality". *sigh* maybe i should leave..i duno

Guys despite the pressures, i guess you just gotta learn from your mistakes, and deal with the sitution, stay strong. Strength is not about getting 99+, it's getting knocked down but still getting up, remember that. The uai is not a measure of your life's success or intelligence.

For the guys who got 50-60, as long as you tried hard that's all that matters. Yes you may be dissapointed, but you tried your best.

LatK7

HSC
amulet888 said:
i am pretty dissapointed

I need 85 or 89 for engineering, and i got 83.45. My parents and community were expecting me to get 98+ lol you can imagine what happened.

I mean i was dissapointed, but i didn't really show it, i was more concerned about filling in my alternate entry scheme apps, preparing for interviews, you know dealin with the problem - the usc isn't the end of the world.

but my parents raged, my dad is now seriously thinking about kicking me out of the house "so i can learn reality". *sigh* maybe i should leave..i duno

Guys despite the pressures, i guess you just gotta learn from your mistakes, and deal with the sitution, stay strong. Strength is not about getting 99+, it's getting knocked down but still getting up, remember that. The uai is not a measure of your life's success or intelligence.

For the guys who got 50-60, as long as you tried hard that's all that matters. Yes you may be dissapointed, but you tried your best.
If my child got 83.45 i'd be over the moon, that's a great UAI. I hope you end up getting to where you want to be.

samuel slack

HSC
Maths- 71
Ancient History- 92
English (Adv)- 82
Legal Studies- 88
Business Studies- 86

UAI- 87.70

ashleypage

HSC
amulet888 said:
i am pretty dissapointed

I'll fight your parents for you if you want.

ashleypage

HSC
Also I got
Gen maths - 93
Legal - 87
Adv english - 84
Modern - 80
2u SOR - 79

=85.70 UAI
It was what I needed so that's all that matters =]

amulet888

HSC
ashleypage said:
I'll fight your parents for you if you want.
bah, no use mate.

My mom started crying...and so did my dad wtf?1?

They started saying where they went wrong..etc, how they gave me everything but i still failed them....you know what i'm getting at. After the climax i actually felt like throwing up, it really got to me.

*sigh* If i don't get into Engineering, i don't even want to think about it.

ashleypage

HSC
amulet888 said:
bah, no use mate.

My mom started crying...and so did my dad wtf?1?

They started saying where they went wrong..etc, how they gave me everything but i still failed them....you know what i'm getting at. After the climax i actually felt like throwing up, it really got to me.

*sigh* If i don't get into Engineering, i don't even want to think about it.
That's so horrible =[
It's not even a bad mark at allll, someone seriously needs to talk sense into them and get them to realise you didn't even do poorly.
That person would be me, if it were possible.

miraj

mr.47
HSC
man amulet888 ur parents are bit harsh 83 is a very good mark, I wish i got that mark. anyway you still might make it to engineering class or if you dont try other universities other that NSW. My parents where a bit upset for my 2006 HSC result, i got 40.00. So i repeated and got 75.00 and my parents are pretty happy now. my father was pretty forgiving, my mom was a bit pissed but she is over it now. I think parents who keep pressuring they kids into getting 97 or 98 i think are pretty narrow minded and selfish, tons of kids around the world cant access education cause of various reasons ( war, poverty,etc...), amulet888's parents should at the very least be grateful that they kid got a decent mark and can get into Uni.

2 Unit maths - 81
Standard english - 73
IT - 79
IPT - 81
Bio- 80

Last edited:

amulet888

HSC
i can't believe what just happened.

My dad called me into my room, where he had a hammer. I am not making anything up. He smashed my xbox 360 (worth about 500 bucks which i earned myself). He then silently walked away (mass rage).

*sigh* I guess i am the black sheep of my family. My bro (2004 hsc) got 99.5, so i guess that also contributed.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
http://community.boredofstudies.org/members/amulet888/amulet888, haha, that's crazy. But honestly, maybe it's better you got 83 just so you could realise how silly your parents are. Parents should be way more supportive than that! And really, that's not a terrible mark at all. I think it's enough to get into Arts at USYD which could involve transfering of some sort, though I'm a bit ignorant on that, so I'm not sure.

Oh and if I were you, I'd quickly hide everything valuable in a safe place also, hah.

amulet888

HSC
yeah i also just realised my mp3 player was also smashed....of course i kept silent....but honestly what is that going to solve?

I would have to be a total idiot to not learn anything from this uai experience, i don't see the addition of bringing a hammer into the scene really help...

ChrisAlli

HSC
Holy crap- thats a bit extreme. What's it going to change though.

Biology- 84
Chemistry- 79 (damn)
Design Technology- 81 (fuck)
English standard- 84 (yay)
Maths 2U- 79 (damn)

= 84.2

.8 short of my minimum target. I so underacheived I could of got around 90 if I tried harder in school as my school assesment brought me down alot.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
amulet8888 said:
yeah i also just realised my mp3 player was also smashed
Hm, it's only a matter of time before you disappear from BOS, and people assume your father is now smashing the computer, or worse, chasing you with a hammer.. Hm.. Beware! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)