UAI 99.90 - Tutoring for Eng Adv (96), Eng Ext1 (5th in NSW) and German Cont (96) (1 Viewer)

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
Hi, I'm an experienced tutor who completed my HSC in 2005 and received a UAI of 99.90 - 3rd in the Grade Sydney Boys High School

I am now taking available for Year 12 2007. Also, I would like to limit my tutoring to these three subjects, as I know them best. If I do tutor you, I might be able to help in my other subjects, but I'm a little rusty in those. However, I am only able to take a very limited number of students (less than five), so my advice is to get in early.

As such, I am now available to offer PRIVATE (one-on-one) tutoring to Year 12 students , and I am sure with my help, anyone can achieve excellent results. English is my specialty - I topped BOTH English Advanced and English Extension 1 both internally and externally at Sydney High.

* I strongly encourage students who want to achieve a high UAI to start getting tutored as early as possible. If you want to start tutoring a week before the trials, you're only going to get so far. It takes time for me to build a foundation, so that you can become a better student. *

Here are my stats anyway:

English Advanced: Exam: 96 Assess: 96 HSC Mark: 96 - DUX SBHS
Not only do I have my set out notes, I can help with Other Related Material and refining and polishing essays and other text types - exactly what examiners look for.

My texts:
Area Of Study: Physical Journeys - Peter Skrzynecki (Immigrant Chronicle) *Also open to English Standard students studying Skrzynecki *
Module A: Transformations - Hamlet / Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Module B: Critical Study of Text - Cloudstreet (I know this can suck - but I'm here to help)
Module C: Telling the Truth - Frontline

English Extension 1: Exam: 50 Assess: 50 HSC Mark: 50 (5th in NSW) - DUX SBHS see http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/TAINC_2005_12.htm for reference.

This I am particulary proud of. Seriously to Year 11's with competent English, do this subject. It is much easier and more fun than English Advanced, not to mention less than half the work.

I studied Genre- Module A: Revenge Tragedy (Medea, The Revenger's Tragedy, High Noon).
I can teach this from scratch - I have excellent high quality ORM, and a very unique creative writing idea. You can't go wrong.

German Continuers: (Accelerated in 2004) - Exam: 96 Assess: 96 HSC Mark: 96
Even though, I did this in 2004, I still remember stacks. I know how hard it is to find a good German tutor - there aren't many out there. I can especially help with speaking and writing skills. Again, I have pages of ready - prepared polished work. I will go through comprehensions and step-by-step reading and responding exercises. I also know very effective exam tips, paramount to all candidates to receive a top mark.

Anyway, that's what I'm offering. I'm based around the South East. I can tutor in public places such as Bowen Library. I am also willing to travel, but not too far.
The NSW State Library is also a good option for those who do not live in the Eastern suburbs.

I charge $30 per hour. I think 1 hour lessons are fine for these subjects.

Also, please be aware that since I'm studying Medicine at UNSW, my timetable is everchanging and sometimes all over the place. However, I will do my best to try to fit everyone in.

Please post here if you're interested.

PM me for details or drop me an email at omar273@hotmail.com.
Thanks and good luck to all BOSers for their HSC.

Summer M

HSC
hayy my names summer.. ive been searching everywhere for a good advanced english tutor... i live in granville so i dont no if you come out to that area and jus wondering if you tutor fo the new english syllabus. please get back to me on dreamy_samar@hotmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)