UAI and Assessment Ranking (1 Viewer)

HSC
I heard from my english teacher and my(my friend's) tuitor that Assessment ranks indirectly determine your UAI.

they said if u come first in ur subject, no matter how bad u do in HSC exam, u'll get the top mark for that subject(even from someone else) whereas if u come last in the subject, no matter how good u do in HSC, u'll get the worse HSC mark from ur class. Is that true?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well, the short answer is yes, if you're first rank you'll get the highest exam mark as your assessment mark and if you're last rank, you'll get the lowest exam mark as your assessment mark. But there's gray areas about this topic.

HSC
When u say exam mark, do u mean HSC exam mark?

So if I came first in Physics and I don't study for HSC anymore, I can still get good mark as I can have my classmate's HSC mark if they beat me?

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
lol............its like this.......here is an EG

name................assesment rank .............xam mark for HSC ...................exam rank

JAMES................ ....1/24.............................. 78/100................................... 5/24

JACK ..................... 23/24..............................95/100 .................................. 1/24

what happens now is that coz james came first in his assesment he will get jacks hsc exam mark for his internal and his external stays the same:

JAMES.......78 (his external) + 95 ( jacks external because james came frist in internal) = 173........173 divide by 2 = 86.5........

therefore james FINAL HSC MARK FOR THIS SUBJECT IS 86.5

now for jack..............what happens is that coz he came 23/24 for his essesment rank...... he will get the 23rd highes mark for his internal.. (say 45/100) now what happns is this...........95 (from his external) + 45 ( from the 23rd highest mark) = 95+45 = 140........140 divide by 2 = 70

JACKS FINAL HSC MARK FOR THIS SUBJECT IS 70

judi_rudential

HSC
UAIs don't mean much when u're in 2nd year uni =)

--------

Accounting Law @ Macq
Paralegal @ Abrahams & Associates

HSC
judi_rudential said:
UAIs don't mean much when u're in 2nd year uni =)

--------

Accounting Law @ Macq
Paralegal @ Abrahams & Associates
Really? Why 2nd year?

Please explain. hehe.

meteorangela

HSC
Well then that kind of sucks, i meant the bit about the assessment ranks and hsc. because I AM SCREWED FOR REAL. My overall ranks aren't good. So goodbye, university. hello, unemployment

HSC
meteorangela said:
Well then that kind of sucks, i meant the bit about the assessment ranks and hsc. because I AM SCREWED FOR REAL. My overall ranks aren't good. So goodbye, university. hello, unemployment
there are other options eg TAFE, UNI TRACK or you could apply for a corse which has a low UAI cut off then transfer...... so many options:eek:

tennille

HSC
MoonLiteDreamz said:
Really? Why 2nd year?

Please explain. hehe.
50% of your UAI and 50% of your university marks determine whether you're eligible to transfer into another course. This is only applicable within the first year of university.

HSC
Hehe, so many options. But... I still want to get into uni through my UAI mark. hehe. Sounds simpler. (but that is, if I don't fail my HSC)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)