Uai and Drama (1 Viewer)

mm99

HSC
I was wondering, by doing drama in the HSC will that scale my mark down and cause me to get a low UAI?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
mm99 said:
I was wondering, by doing drama in the HSC will that scale my mark down and cause me to get a low UAI?
If you do well, then scaling becomes rather irrelevant. If you do poorly it will prove a problem, however the same thing can be said about high scaling subjects so its best in the end to choose subjects that you feel match your skills and interests.

So in summary, doing drama will not necccesarily give you a low UAI.

mm99

HSC
Thank you! That helped me a lot... I love drama and I do well in it but everyone has told me that it will scale down my UAI and I was concerned.. haha now I prove them wrong! :p thanks again!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
mm99 said:
Thank you! That helped me a lot... I love drama and I do well in it but everyone has told me that it will scale down my UAI and I was concerned.. haha now I prove them wrong! :p thanks again!
dont worry hunni im in the same boat as you but if we can kick arse and persuade parents into letting us do the subject[ if they had interest in subject selection process] we shall do well

mm99

HSC
good point there... we shall kick ass ;)

Xayide

HSC
I have heard that...ah well just kick arse and youll have nothing to worry about :)

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Drama doesn't actually get scaled down; it sits around the 0 mark which means it doesn't get adjusted very much at all. Anyway, if you do well in a subject the scaling isn't going to affect you a lot.

Kyroth***

HSC
Hmmm, it does depend though. Its true that drama does not scale as well as other subjects.

My experience? I was desparate to drop Chemisty (final mark 81), and thought I was doing terribly in ext1 English (final mark 36/50), but in the end, those two subjects got counted for my uai, and my 82 in drama did not. It's not so much that drama scales poorly, but that other subjects scale well.

Having said that, I do NOT reccomend dropping drama, at all! It is one of the hardest, funnest, most worthwhile courses on the cirriculum, you will get so much out of it if you try, and you will have fun doing it. If you like drama, stick with it. Who cares about the scaling? It won't make much of a difference in the end, and what you get out of that course will make up the difference anyway.

mm99

HSC
yeah, thanks for that. i was unsure coz im currently doing 13 units and in year 12 im picking up 4 unit english, therefore i could drop 2 subjects to have only 19 units, but im not. im only dropping 1 subject (ancient hist) coz im not that great at maths and i dont want that to count for my UAI. also, i love drama!
thanks Kyroth that was really helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)