uai below 90. possible to transfer? (1 Viewer)

renaethebest

HSC
i really wanna do pharmacy but i only got 88.35 so the plan is to do a year of med science, however a friend told me that no matter what my gpa is my new ranky thing will never be high enough for such a competitve course. is this true? abandon hope?

sm88

HSC
non devi mai perdere la speranza! (sorry for the unhelpful post!) :D

hellomike

HSC
According to my UAC Guide, you were applying for B. Pharmacy at USYD right? The UAI is actually quite high and you should do another similar course. Do you have to do Medical Science or is that what you want to do?

If you haven't read already, you will need at least a Distinction average or more which means when you are at University, you need to achieve something such as 1 High Distiction, 1 Distinction and two credits or 1 HD, 2 D and 1 C.

You probably need to gain a GPA of 5.5 and above. Just also remember do well in the STAT test because it's a life saver.

hotpot

HSC
hellomike said:
According to my UAC Guide, you were applying for B. Pharmacy at USYD right? The UAI is actually quite high and you should do another similar course. Do you have to do Medical Science or is that what you want to do?

If you haven't read already, you will need at least a Distinction average or more which means when you are at University, you need to achieve something such as 1 High Distiction, 1 Distinction and two credits or 1 HD, 2 D and 1 C.

You probably need to gain a GPA of 5.5 and above. Just also remember do well in the STAT test because it's a life saver.
Thats right, all u need is a D average and a good stat score.
I suggest B.sci because B.medsci can be difficult, whereas most ppl i know were able to do well in B.sci. Also, B.sci has a lower cutoff and so (possibly) its less competitive to do well in B.sci.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
So you guys are saying that even if for example my uai is 93 but if I get a high distinction, I can tranfer to Pharmacy where its worth 99 UAI???? wow! is this true?

hellomike

HSC
For details read the Transfer thread - once your in the system it's much easier in terms of looking of what you need to achieve. Doing very well at uni means you have applied yourself and you know what it takes to do well at uni. If you achieve well, there's no reason why Phar isn't possible.

Optophobia

HSC
Someone on this site got a 70 something UAI, got a HD average in transfered into medicine after 1 year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)