UAI - Could any body tell... (1 Viewer)

Serenaz

HSC
hi evry one, i'm now doin yr 11 and still dont have a slightest idea about UAI... somebody told me its got to do something with the rank...but i dont have a clue wat rank it is...
would you mind giving me a clear explanation, pls?
i'll appreciate that.

c(___.____")o

bored of sc

HSC
Re: Could any body tell...

UAI is a ranking against all the NSW HSC students in the state and also, all year 10 students, had they done the HSC. It measures overall academic achievement. It incorparates the 10 best scaled units of a students HSC study. The maximum UAI is 100 and the minimum is 0, although a UAI of less than 30 is identified as 30 or less.

Serenaz

HSC

well thanks a heap, guys
theshortykatt said:
your in year 11, so tbh, dont worry too much.

just do well next year (dont slack off this year) and get as high marks as you can
i've got to find out about such rankings b4 it's too late T____T... my sister came here last yr from England. She knew nothing and just concentrated on studying. She beated the whole school still finally it dragged her down..omg...
so disappointed that i'm in that school right now...>__________<

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You get any UAI you want, if you put in some effort.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

Serenaz said:
She beated the whole school still finally it dragged her down..omg...
Um, maybe you should work on your english?

With the UAI, are your raw marks in your HSC usually lower or higher than your actual UAI? (if that makes sense)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC

Sarah182 said:
With the UAI, are your raw marks in your HSC usually lower or higher than your actual UAI? (if that makes sense)
I heard they're lower... heaps lower...

You might want to check that though. :)

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
lolz, beated....... actually, does that mean even though she came 1st in the school the cohort dragged her down??? or something else...

in reply to sarah, it really depends. I personally do really crap in school assessments and OK in exams with high pressure (probably cause I don't prepare much and every1 else spends 5 hours, so they're all stoned whilst I'm still cruising... ). So my raw marks will probably be better than the UAI. So it really depends on what you do better at. (though 100UAI would be like, really good hmm.)

Serenaz

HSC

Sarah182 said:
Um, maybe you should work on your english?

.sri. we used to use it in England.gg.>__< wat a shame. hix..still there hav been heaps of things that i need to learn. In facts, people usually startle to know that i'm from Eng.

Serenaz

HSC
Devouree said:
lolz, beated....... actually, does that mean even though she came 1st in the school the cohort dragged her down??? or something else...

--> Yes, that means she came first and was dragged down by her companions.>__<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)