UAI estimate (1 Viewer)

mitchbazza

HSC
Sup, well anyway, i'm wondering if my fullly sick marks will obtainly my highly set goal of 63 or so.

Chemistry: 50%
Physics: 55%
Biology: 70%
Gen Maths: 90%
Standard English: 70%

As you can see i'm quite intellegent.....

Thanks and shit, me

mitchbazza

HSC
Those were raw marks, so even with scaling of chem and phys i wouldn't make it over the line?

morganforrest

HSC
I doubt it....50% is a Band 1...below the minimum required standard....they scale well, but only if you're above the average (usually around 65 -70%) do they scale extremely well. Most people in the state will be getting around 70% in their respective subjects and you have to remember than Chem and Physics are only 4 units. General Maths and Standard English scale badly. You would have to significantly improve your performance in the externals to drag your marks up. I just don't think its in the cards

HSC
50% raw isn't a band 1 though. that will probably align to low 60's so band 3.

55% raw will probably align to about mid 60's so band 3 also.

general maths only scales bad if you get <85% or so and you've got that covered. english and bio are ok as well.

btw scaling is putting all subjects on the same level, its what they use to calculate uai.

it's definitely possible for you to get 63. what are your ranks?

morganforrest

HSC
noir. said:
def. possible to get 63.
Seriously??

I knew Chem scaled well but I didn't think it would add 10-12% to your raw mark.

If it does that's great as it makes getting a Band 6 a whole lot easier.

In that case, I suppose a 63 might be possible but I still wouldn't get my hopes too high

shredinator

HSC
I personally think you definately have a 63 if you can replicate those results in the exam.

Shit yeah. Just keep it up and work, and its yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)