UAI needed?? (vet science) (1 Viewer)

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
i want to become a vet in the future. Seems far-fetched right?? I am curious as what is the UAI needed for Vet science. And also the subjects I am planning to choose in year 11&12 (yes I am only in year10) are actually suitable for vet science and will give me a UAI/ATAR around 90??
The subjects are:

Maths (standard or advanced?)
English (standard or advanced?)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Drama(something I enjoy)
Photography

I am positive of becoming a vet. I just would like some advice on how to do so and also if I have a chance..

TTx

Schoey93

HSC
i want to become a vet in the future. Seems far-fetched right?? I am curious as what is the UAI needed for Vet science. And also the subjects I am planning to choose in year 11&12 (yes I am only in year10) are actually suitable for vet science and will give me a UAI/ATAR around 90??
The subjects are:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Drama(something I enjoy)
Photography

I am positive of becoming a vet. I just would like some advice on how to do so and also if I have a chance..

TTx
The UAI/ATAR needed for vet science is 98.30 approximately, as these things change from year to year- although generally they stay quite the same. Yes of course you have a chance. Anyone does if they just work hard and study smart...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Depends on the university.

Maths adv
English Adv
Chem
bio

are required usually

also at CSU an interview as well as 95+ UAI

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You're asking us whether to pick higher Maths and English? Do that yourself.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, pretty much. You do enough units of 'good scalers' to make a higher ATAR easier, certainly.

TeenageTragedyx

HSC
Right.. so a unit subject in say mathematics would be better off then doing general??

Wait, so what is the difference between a unit and non-unit subject :haha:
that was going to be the next question..
(so many questions.. sorry.. i dont want to be the one who may never know)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd rather you do Maths 2u than General. I'm not sure what you mean about unit and non-unit subjects. All subjects have units.

boganxcore

HSC
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Drama(something I enjoy)
Photography

out of these, if you want to maximise your atar, do:
maths (at least advanced, but extension 1 or even 2)
english advanced (even extensions if you're good at english)
biology
chemistry
physics

im sorry but unless you are REALLY and i mean INSANELY good at drama and photography, you're better off doing the sciences as they will scale up. i'd choose physics and chemistry over biology as phys and chem both scale quite well (chem more than phys) whereas biology stays pretty much the same

also im pretty sure for sydney university you also need to do a STAT test which is an external test, can someone please confirm whether this is necessary?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh, she already said she's doing all three sciences.

Sammy2011

HSC
Hey, I want to go into Veterinary Science too.
The ATAR this year for Veterinary Science at Sydney Uni was 98.4, after which you sit another exam (STAT) and an interview. There is only one another university in NSW which offers Vet, and that is Charles Sturt uni, which you need over 90 ATAR, but you have to promise to enter the field of Rural practice.

After that, there is James Cook university (in Queensland) and the University of Queensland, which both require around 98.5. Then there's one in Northern Territory (forget the ATAR) and two in Western Australia, with Murdoch University asking for around 97+.

Each university asks for a knowledge in Chemistry, Biology or Physics (never NEED both), and would prefer Advanced English. While these cources are not needed directly for entry, they are required as a basic understanding for the content of the cource.

I talked to the Dean of Veterinary Science at Sydney University, and he said that they would accept students from General Mathmatics.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
The subjects are:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Drama(something I enjoy)
Photography

TTx
If you are wanting to go for the 99.95 ATAR you would def want to be doing at least adv eng, adv maths and it would help if you did the extension math and/or english. What are your school marks like now and what classes are you in for your subjects?

ar7

HSC
note to OP that ur subjects do not get u a good atar, its the work u put in urself and how well u achieve. also y did u rite down 14 units? one more thing. dont choose the sciences for the sole basis of being scaled up, because to actually scale up high u must achieve above average marks in comparison to the whole state.

HSC
choose science as doing well with give you a higher standing and will help with assumed knowledge etc if you do get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)