• ANU

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • University of Sydney

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
I get my U.K. exam results in 6 weeks, and i'm on course for getting the equivalent of a UAI of 97/98 (OP 2). The thing is I want to study commerce but I don't know whether I should go to the University of Queensland, which has a FAR lower entrance band or if I should aim higher for standards which are more in line with the score I should get, like ANU or USyd. My family will be living in brisbane which is why I initially thought UQ, but now my grades are higher would it be better to go to a university which also requires higher grades? Are the degrees from the GO8 Uni's the same, as in do employers regard them as the same degree and standard as one another or are some more highly respected. If I can get into ANU or USyd over UQ would I have more employment opportunities afterwards, and in your opinion what out of these 3 uni's is the best and why? :confused:

Thanks

Pommy Babe :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Armidale!

Smaller class sizes, less competition between students, awesome college atmosphere that's cheaper than the cities, and we're equally serious as the metro unis.

Although with all the hijinks we get up to, it's a wonder any work gets done at all ...

HSC
argonaut shut up, armidale is a shithole town and the university is mainly for dickheads who were too retarded to get in anywhere else.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
argonaut shut up, armidale is a shithole town and the university is mainly for dickheads who were too retarded to get in anywhere else.
You'd be surprised. At least I'm not of the attitude of "nowhere in New South Wales is good enough for me".

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
ANU is the best uni in australia according to the rankings but canberra is a hole. come to sydney, its the place to be.

phrred

HSC
go to Umelb or UNSW, easily the 2 best business schools in Australia

jpr333

HSC
Pfft usyd is just nicer, unsw might have 4 more books in their library, but the usyd computer facilities are unparalled, plus the campus is beautiful (except for the construction gg law students). Now looking at the votes it's unanimous, see you at usyd (well ill be finished but have fun).

Conspirocy

HSC
well i voted for usyd because unsw wasnt a choice

but its obvious that unsw is a much better teaching university when it comes to business.

im not going to argue it (so dont both 'proving me wrong'), unsw is a better uni for business. usyd is good too, im sure usyd commerce and eco grads wont starve lol

phrred

HSC
jpr333 said:
Pfft usyd is just nicer, unsw might have 4 more books in their library, but the usyd computer facilities are unparalled, plus the campus is beautiful (except for the construction gg law students). Now looking at the votes it's unanimous, see you at usyd (well ill be finished but have fun).
firstly, USYDs libraries have heaps more books than UNSWs.

secondly, UNSW has heaps of computers too and the good thing is UNSW students get 24/7 access to the computers with a swipe of their card.

thirdly, usyd has a couple of nice buildings, other than that its a pretty ordinary campus- most of the buildings need a major renovation especially inside.

jpr333

HSC
Ok I might have got all my facts wrong (according to you, show me the sources, needs citation, although that library comment was more an allusion to unsw's rating as a 'better business school' than the actually library standards per se), and in fact the underlying premise for my post was misinterpreted on my part, but I'd still vote usyd on overall uni lifestyle, ite!

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
id say UQ
ure undergrad position doesnt realli matter.. u may as well be with family supports.. or if u hate ure family.. usyd or ANU :p heheh

basically UQ is a very good uni.. facilities and weather wise :p

broady

w3rd
HSC
Out of those, I'd go USyd

But as others say, UNSW is far superior for Business/Commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)