UAI prediction 2008 HSC (1 Viewer)

sara21

HSC
heyy can someone please tell me what my UAI might be with these marks?
i Only have my trial mark, exam rank and assessment mark

English standard- exam mark 61% Assessment rank 3/37
General maths- exam mark 56% A-rank 25/35 :(
Textiles and design - exam mark 74% A-rank 2/10
Community and family studies- exam mark 69% A-rank 6/11
Biology- exam mark 61% A-rank-10/16
Business studies exam mark- 66% A-rank 9/18

any ideas will be great
im freakin out here lol

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
wade high school ranked 489 for all those who wanna do this.

sara21

HSC
runnable said:
wade high school ranked 489 for all those who wanna do this.

do you go to wade high?
do you have a ruff idea as to what it might be?
does any1
PLZ HELP!!

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
No I don't go there. Its just that you need to tell us your school rankings for an estimate.

sara21

HSC
runnable said:
No I don't go there. Its just that you need to tell us your school rankings for an estimate.

ohk.. does the skewl ranking matter much?

lucidassembly

HSC
sara21 said:
ohk.. does the skewl ranking matter much?
It gives people a general idea of how well your grade will go, which correlates with your ranks. For instance, if you're coming 30/160 at a top 10 school, there's more of a chance that you'll do well than if you have that rank at a school ranked 500th because everyone in the top 30 will most likely do well.

Hope that makes sense :)

sara21

HSC
lucidassembly said:
It gives people a general idea of how well your grade will go, which correlates with your ranks. For instance, if you're coming 30/160 at a top 10 school, there's more of a chance that you'll do well than if you have that rank at a school ranked 500th because everyone in the top 30 will most likely do well.

Hope that makes sense :)

oh well there is no hope for me then cause yea my skewl isnt ranked in the top 100... but there has been many people in my skewl gettin like in the 90's so yehh this is sooo confussing lol
so with my trial marks and my assessment marks wat would be ur estimate of a uai for me??.. im really worried cause i dont think i went to well in my HSC exam for biology.. but i do have 12units ... will they use my bio marks instead of my maths one even if i went better in the maths HSC exam then in the bio one...

lucidassembly

HSC
sara21 said:
oh well there is no hope for me then cause yea my skewl isnt ranked in the top 100... but there has been many people in my skewl gettin like in the 90's so yehh this is sooo confussing lol
so with my trial marks and my assessment marks wat would be ur estimate of a uai for me??.. im really worried cause i dont think i went to well in my HSC exam for biology.. but i do have 12units ... will they use my bio marks instead of my maths one even if i went better in the maths HSC exam then in the bio one...
No no no, there's still hope for you! You're ranked quite well in English and Textiles, so as long as you do well in your HSC exams for those two subjects, you'll be ok. Maths might drag you down a little unfortunately.

Oh, and don't base your UAI results on your trial marks. A lot of people (myself included) screw up their trials. Your internal marks are all moderated anyway, so just make the most of your current exams and your HSC marks will push you up.

I'm terrible with predictions because there's not really any way to estimate, but maybe near the 70s? I'm not sure that your subjects scale too well, but like you said, there are lots of people from your school that usually get 90+. Just do the best you can from this point forward :)

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
theres some website where u can download an excell file called "UAI_2006_v1_5"
it basically uses ranks/marks to give u a UAI estimate... google search UAI estimator... from memory the site has some scientist on it as their logo...

i dont know what UAI u want but i dont think its going to be anything 2 flash... its 2 difficult to work out ur UAI with raw marks because ur aligned mark can be completely different to ur original mark... good luck though and i hope this helps

tip: just study and do ur best and stop caring :D

sara21

HSC
lucidassembly said:
No no no, there's still hope for you! You're ranked quite well in English and Textiles, so as long as you do well in your HSC exams for those two subjects, you'll be ok. Maths might drag you down a little unfortunately.

Oh, and don't base your UAI results on your trial marks. A lot of people (myself included) screw up their trials. Your internal marks are all moderated anyway, so just make the most of your current exams and your HSC marks will push you up.

I'm terrible with predictions because there's not really any way to estimate, but maybe near the 70s? I'm not sure that your subjects scale too well, but like you said, there are lots of people from your school that usually get 90+. Just do the best you can from this point forward :)

THANKS SO MUCH
there may be hope:)
a UAI of 70 will good as i only need a 70 to do my course at uni

sara21

HSC
SH33P said:
theres some website where u can download an excell file called "UAI_2006_v1_5"
it basically uses ranks/marks to give u a UAI estimate... google search UAI estimator... from memory the site has some scientist on it as their logo...

i dont know what UAI u want but i dont think its going to be anything 2 flash... its 2 difficult to work out ur UAI with raw marks because ur aligned mark can be completely different to ur original mark... good luck though and i hope this helps

tip: just study and do ur best and stop caring :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)