UAI prediction please (1 Viewer)

SolSaithis

HSC
English Standard - 85% 4/50
Maths 2U - 60% 33/49
Biology - 75% 10/22
Business Studies - 60% 9/33
Legal Studies - 65% 10/12

I ABSOLUTELY MUST get over 90 UAI. I'm really scared that i won't get over 90 UAI. Is there any way i can get over 90, possibly by doing well in the trials and HSC? Thanks in advance.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes it is always possible to get over 90 UAI with any subject combination by getting good ranks and killing the external exams.
Your ranks are alright, but youre still a fair way off from getting 90+. Your maths and legal studies is a bit of a worry though, and seeing you only have 10 units, you cant afford to stuff anything up.
So far id say youre around 75-80 range, but anything could happen in the trials.
out of curiousity, what uni course you planning on doing, if 90+ UAI is a must...or is it parent pressure?

SolSaithis

HSC
its more of a parent pressure, since my parents "expect" me to get over 90. Also my mum says if i don't get over 90 she'll kick me out of the house, and i'm sure she's dead serious...

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
SolSaithis said:
its more of a parent pressure, since my parents "expect" me to get over 90. Also my mum says if i don't get over 90 she'll kick me out of the house, and i'm sure she's dead serious...
What if you don't need a 90? Your mum might say that, but she won't end up kicking you out - maybe be upset with your UAI (if it isnt over 90) and forget about it after a few days

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe shes using that as a source of motivation?
itll be really harsh if she really did that....i doubt she would do it to her own son.
Asian parents?

SolSaithis

HSC
Grim.Reaper said:
What if you don't need a 90? Your mum might say that, but she won't end up kicking you out - maybe be upset with your UAI (if it isnt over 90) and forget about it after a few days
she told me straight if it isn't above 90, bad things would happen. I don't really wanna upset my mum after all shes done for me, so i just wanna get >90 and be done with it. I just hope its possible..

jemsta said:
maybe shes using that as a source of motivation?
itll be really harsh if she really did that....i doubt she would do it to her own son.
Asian parents?
nope just ordinary parents worried about their son failing the HSC. But she did sound pretty serious when she told me..

Do you guys think its possible for me to get over 90? Around what mark/percentage would i have to get in my trials and HSC?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
english- at least mid band 4 minimum (75+)
maths- band 6
bio- band5/6
business- band 6
legal- band 5-6

its just a rough estimate of what you need for 90+. Youll probably need one band 6 for a subject as a minimum as your subjects are not good scaling subjects, bar maths.

SolSaithis

HSC
munchybuddy said:
Try the SAM Uai calculator, it gives a pretty ruff estimate
I tried SAM UAI calculator, but i need some more advice.

jemsta said:
english- at least mid band 4 minimum (75+)
maths- band 6
bio- band5/6
business- band 6
legal- band 5-6

its just a rough estimate of what you need for 90+. Youll probably need one band 6 for a subject as a minimum as your subjects are not good scaling subjects, bar maths.
Is that for both the trials and HSC? are the trials also marked in bands?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
thats for the overall hsc mark.
trials are not marked in bands, but like some other people have said, play around with SAM using the rough guide i gave you above and see whether or not its close to 90. The UAI could actually vary between year so just use it as a guide.
Would your mum still kick you out of the house if you ended up getting 89.95?

SolSaithis

HSC
lol i hope not. but 90 UAI looks much better than 89.95.

The point im trying to give out is that if i get band sixes in my HSC will i get around 90 with my average assessment marks? I'm not so sure on how to use SAM cause i put in my average assessment marks that ive gotten so far, and when i did i got a NSW UAI of 56 =.=. So i don't think thats right...

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
your average assessment marks are not as important as the ranks. Nevr put your raw marks for assessment tasks in. They will get scaled according to how your grade goes. Simply, just get the best rank you can get and let everything just fall into place.

SolSaithis

HSC
Haha im back and now im absolutetly freaking out. My maths trial went horrible, im guessing around 40%-50%. Maths isn't my strong point =.=, i study and study and it still doesn't stick. Biology and english were ok and business was great. I have legal tomorrow and im trying to push my ranks up a bit after this test to at least 8th or so since the ppl < 8th get good marks. Is there still ANY way of getting at least 90? I AM SOO SCARED PLEASE HELP T_T

piitb

HSC
my guess he got around 70. no hope in hell of 90. so he's probably homeless and unable to respond. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)