UAI prediction (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Hey I was just wondering, what kind of UAI might I get if I get in the late 70s to the late 80s for all my subjects.

My subjects are : Eng Adv, General Maths, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Community and Family studies and Studies of Religion 2 (which im thinking of drobbing).

And is it true that I have chosen all the low scaled subjects:confused:
p.s I dont trust SAM for some reason!
thnx

P

pLuvia

Re: UAI predictions!

Well we can't determine anything if do not know your ranks, and school ranks. Just trust SAM for the moment, we can't determine anything at this point

Edit: Reading mistake though early 70s and early 80s ahha you could probably just slip into the 80 range

Last edited by a moderator:

nwatts

HSC

You can't determine anything until you get your HSC marks a day before your UAI. Just be patient, do your work and wait till December 16.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

Hmm. i'd advise you to try and get better marks. Those marks aren't going to give you a very high uai ...

I'm basing my goals for my subjects off SAM. It gives a pretty good estimate. Better than anyone else can.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
at this point but with I can gather :p between 65-75

OMG lol thats so low! I wanted atleast over the 80s. :eek:
sif 65-75 !. my subjects don't scale very well at all and i put down marks similar to yours and it came out with 80+ yes if sam tells you that tell it to ggf ! haha =p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

haha. maybe andy was thinking she wrote 70's - 80's. thats what i thought at first. lol

oh and btw; it's very hard [but not impossible] to get 80+ in ur standard english exam.

just a prewarning .. ^^;;

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC

hopeles5ly said:
sif 65-75 !. my subjects don't scale very well at all and i put down marks similar to yours and it came out with 80+ yes if sam tells you that tell it to ggf ! haha =p
lol thats why I dont trust SAM! I put in "80" for all my subjects I clicked on submit. And guess what? It said something between 60-75 (cant really rememeber lol) And that freaked me out, but then most people say that SAM is almost correct. So maybe it does actually work :eek: :eek: :eek:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
shinji said:
Hmm. i'd advise you to try and get better marks. Those marks aren't going to give you a very high uai ...

I'm basing my goals for my subjects off SAM. It gives a pretty good estimate. Better than anyone else can.
sooooooooo how about over the 90s which I probably won't get? Im dying for a UAI of 80+. What marks for all your subjects are you all planning to receieve?

webby234 said:
Yeah, but it's too hard to know your exact marks. I tried putting approximate marks in, as well as the two I already know and just by varying English from 87 to 90, my predicted UAI changed from 99.00 to 99.60.
yeah and once i typed in 80 for both english advanced and standard (just to check it out) and my UAI was actually higher when i chose 80 for standard english!

P

pLuvia

If you get over 90s then you are on your way to 90+

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

you can get 90's in ur exams. if you are dedicated enough!

my subject marks:
Physics : 90+
Information Process Technology : 95+
2U Maths : 90+
Extension 1 Maths : 85+
Advanced English : 85+
Business Studies : 97+

im wanting a uai of 96+ .. soo yeah.
i have high hopes... lol.

my best subject is business studies! while my worst is adv. english.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yeah and once i typed in 80 for both english advanced and standard (just to check it out) and my UAI was actually higher when i chose 80 for standard english!
that's because less people get band 5 in standard compared to advanced

nwatts

HSC

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
lol thats why I dont trust SAM! I put in "80" for all my subjects I clicked on submit. And guess what? It said something between 60-75 (cant really rememeber lol) And that freaked me out, but then most people say that SAM is almost correct. So maybe it does actually work :eek: :eek: :eek:
It works with HSC marks. It's spot on with HSC marks. Anything else is an absolute shot in the dark.

Now stop moaning and start studying.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
the reason why ur uai is higher is because ur rank in the 80's for standard english would generally be higher in comparison to advanced english. which is a big influence on the uai u get.

nwatts

HSC

hopeles5ly said:
that's because less people get band 5 in standard compared to advanced
No, it's because UAC uses raw marks and the HSC marks we receive are aligned. Read the four hundred million threads about scaling and English marks before you reply.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

shinji said:
you can get 90's in ur exams. if you are dedicated enough!

my subject marks:
Physics : 90+
Information Process Technology : 95+
2U Maths : 90+
Extension 1 Maths : 85+
Advanced English : 85+
Business Studies : 97+

im wanting a uai of 96+ .. soo yeah.
i have high hopes... lol.

my best subject is business studies! while my worst is adv. english.
in forms of marks and ranking, business is my best subject and im depending on it to boost my marks up. however at the moment im really not enjoying it lol. sorry kent man ! the new topic + the new teacher = pure boredom = = "

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Hey I was just wondering, what kind of UAI might I get if I get in the late 70s to the late 80s for all my subjects.

My subjects are : Eng Adv, General Maths, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Community and Family studies and Studies of Religion 2 (which im thinking of drobbing).

And is it true that I have chosen all the low scaled subjects:confused:
p.s I dont trust SAM for some reason!
thnx
SAM isn't always accurate. Consider your ranks and school's rank as well.

English Sminglish: It's not
It's high 70s to high 80s. (late 70s fefers to the later part of the decade 1970s)

webby234 said:
Yeah, but it's too hard to know your exact marks. I tried putting approximate marks in, as well as the two I already know and just by varying English from 87 to 90, my predicted UAI changed from 99.00 to 99.60.
Go Webby!
If your English was better, you will get a UAI of 100.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
Sparcod said:
SAM isn't always accurate. Consider your ranks and school's rank as well.

English Sminglish: It's not

It's high 70s to high 80s. (late 70s fefers to the later part of the decade 1970s)
lol ooops sorry, no wonder I confused others!

webby234 said:
I'm working on it. Doing an essay at the moment. BOS is too distracting.
lol thats just what I said yesterday! BOS is so addictive. I've been going on it like alomst everyday this week!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

No one can tell you what you are going to get until you get your actual HSC marks as each school marks differently and has different assessments. Often your school marks will differ greately. My HSC marks were about 10 marks higher in some subjects! With my school marks same was about 9-10 UAI points out but with my actual HSC marks it was 0.05 out so just work hard, aim high and wait till December :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)