UAI Prediction (1 Viewer)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
I go to a school in the top 10.

I have only my overall ranks, but if marks are required i will ask for them and post it.

English Advanced: 38/135
Trial Mark: 76%
Band 5

Mathematics: 68/102
Trial Mark: 73%
Band 5

Maths Extension: 56/90
Trial Mark: 80%
Band 4

Economics: 39/64
Trial Mark: 65%
Band 5

Chemistry: 38/71
Trial Mark: 51%
Band 5

Physics: 24/32
Trial Mark 43%
Band 3 >.<"

The claim (trend) is that top 70% of the students receive 90+ UAI
Apparently, top 40 in english adv end up with a band 6 as seen from trends.
I am aiming for about 95-96 - is that still possible?
What UAI would i be looking at now?

EDIT: Ive put up my trial marks and the overall progress band as stated in school report.

Last edited:
HSC
hard to say because bottom half of most of your subjects. obviously this is misleading since you go to a gun school so you'll need marks as well.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
So can anyone please do a prediction now? thanks

Matt Samson

HSC
You cant really predict. But it looks like you're sitting in the middle of each of your subjects. Now all that matters is whether these subjects are scaled up or down.

But if I were to guess, you're probably looking at a UAI of 80.00+

But UAC has the last say.

And having a high UAI doesn't guarantee anything these days. Lots of universities are moving away from looking at the UAI as the be all when selecting students. Universities are finding that students from exclusive schools perform poorly compared to those with average UAI's from non-exclusive schools.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Matt Samson said:
You cant really predict. But it looks like you're sitting in the middle of each of your subjects. Now all that matters is whether these subjects are scaled up or down.

But if I were to guess, you're probably looking at a UAI of 80.00+

But UAC has the last say.

And having a high UAI doesn't guarantee anything these days. Lots of universities are moving away from looking at the UAI as the be all when selecting students. Universities are finding that students from exclusive schools perform poorly compared to those with average UAI's from non-exclusive schools.
Yeah thats because most of them survive the hsc by going to tutoring for all their subjects. Whereas those from non-exclusive normally don't, so they are able to cope by themselves in uni - well thats my theory anyway...

Conspirocy

HSC
I would give a range of 88-92. But you are at a selective school I am guessing so it could jump.

HSC
i would say 95/96 is still possible, for example my mates brother did high scaling subjects such as you, and even though his marks were poor (relative to a person aiming for a uber-high uai) with band 4's, a 3 and 2 band 5's, his real good math 4 unit marks pulled him way up and he got 91.5

I rekon your in a similar situation, though not so pronounced. Ur english rank is excellent (why u didnt take english ext i dunt know) and that will pull you uai up, whereas ur other ranks are relatively average. I rekon ur gonna get about the same uai, so id say 89-92, though with improvement this can be raised higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)