UAI REALITY ChEcK!!!! (1 Viewer)

Lauraline xx

HSC
morganforrest said:
You will constantly be compared with those around you, the sooner people learn to deal with it the better.
im in the entertainment industry dude... dont think im used to comparisons?

I get the whole... 4 unit maths thing being scaled up too. but what i think sucks is when a bunch of dumb people pick a subject thats really really hard and makes it scale badly. Drama for instance. yes. i know a lot of people sit there thinking "pft. easy." but its actually a lot more complicated than that... theres so much theory to it... and lets face it, if you suck at acting or design, then well... good freaking luck with all the individual work. Drama has taken the #2 position in subjects that demanded the most damn time to study... with #1 remaing with Ancient History.

btw... im curious... is there a uai of 100? and if so how many people get it? 1? 10? 20?

K

katie_tully

There is a UAI of 100... I think rougly there's usually a couple of students who achieve this. Varies each year.

twilight1412

HSC
Lauraline xx said:
im in the entertainment industry dude... dont think im used to comparisons?

I get the whole... 4 unit maths thing being scaled up too. but what i think sucks is when a bunch of dumb people pick a subject thats really really hard and makes it scale badly. Drama for instance. yes. i know a lot of people sit there thinking "pft. easy." but its actually a lot more complicated than that... theres so much theory to it... and lets face it, if you suck at acting or design, then well... good freaking luck with all the individual work. Drama has taken the #2 position in subjects that demanded the most damn time to study... with #1 remaing with Ancient History.

btw... im curious... is there a uai of 100? and if so how many people get it? 1? 10? 20?
i think theres 20 people who can get it ... but im not sure if it changes every year or not

K

katie_tully

No way. You're just insinuating that most people who go to public schools are shit. the school you go to HELPS. people at selective schools are at an advantage - they have great resources and hard working students, that's why they all do well. same with private schools.
Some public schools really are shit though. I topped my year with a UAI in the 70's, I consistently got 85+ for all my assessments, my lowest HSC exam mark was 77 (for maths) and I STILL got a shit UAI.

~untitled~

HSC
Well, i got told all year id be getting between 85 and 95.... Assuming i could get my music scores into a band 6, but that didnt happen, and instead theyve gone down. I put the marks i think ill get into sam, and my uai has decreased quite a lot, down to 59.05 who said they were flinging themselves off a bridge? we can make an outing of it...

neada

HSC
*slurtznow&4eva said:
anyone know any other ways to get into uni
........wat are 'pathways'?:confused:
pathways is when you do the HSC over two years- usually because you represent sport at a state ++ level. too late for that now =P

hkgirl

HSC
i lost my 90+uai hope today after getting raped by physics exam.

so here comes my 80uai. - -"

samuel slack

HSC
With pathways, I'm sure my careers advisor said that if you didn't do really well this year, you can redo yr 12... and you can choose which subjects you want to redo. So say if you aced everything but maths, you could retake maths the next year, get a decent score, and completely change your UAI... and thats a form of pathways... but I'm not 100% sure on these things, because you couldn't drag me kicking and screaming back to year 12... so I tuned out halfway through her little talk.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The only thing with that is whatever mark you get the year you retake it whether it's better or worse compared to your mark the previous year you keep. So you could do worse then what you ended up with, a bit of a risk.

K

katie_tully

Yeah, there are a few ways
You can go back and redo the subjects you sucked at, if you want, but there is no guarantee you're going to do better.
You can also do the HSC over a few years. I mean, if you wanted you could do 2 HSC subjects a year.
I dunno about the last one though, it's a lot of effort to go to. If you screw your HSC the first time round, there are plenty of options to get into uni, doing year 12 again seems like a waste of time.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed doing it again is pretty much going backwards and everyone that I know that has repeated a subject (accelerated) said it's harder not so much the content just with having the motivation.

Your probably better off doing a tafe course or some other qualification to get you into uni rather then repeating.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Hmmm like many are claiming, i also really FUCKED my externals- i dunno wat my excuse is. I studied my fucking guts out, and it just did not come together for me. Ran out of time in English, nervous in math...pissed off in physics, confused in chem. Meh, my UAI aim fell considerably, despite the fact that my ranks/internals are very solid.

My 'Grey's Anatomy' phase inspired me to become a Cardiothorasic surgeon- lol thats OUT of the question- unless i try grad med and i cant be fucked

Law seemingly went out the door with medicine.

Being a 'Prison Break' fan reinspired me to become a structual engineer but now that even may be an unrealistic goal...

Now I might just concentrate my efforts on becoming a professional surfer or a roadie...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Cookie182 said:
I studied my fucking guts out, and it just did not come together for me. Ran out of time in English, nervous in math...pissed off in physics, confused in chem.
yeah same ! i studied all out for every exam , and yet i probably fucked them all up - i dont even know why ... cos for my trials i didnt study half as hard and still i thought i did alright.
ah i duno.
but whats passed has passed =]

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
what? what thhell has happened to you... snap out of it
The HSC raped me. :(

That's what happened Mel, that's what happened.

Seriously though, I'm just being realistic. I didnt study, so I'm not expecting anything above 70. I know how I did in my exams - Trust me when I say that I could've done a lot better. A LOT BUTTERS.

Good luck with your last exam :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
But but I thought that our exams were easier than those from the past few years. :eek:

Just wish I had studied.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
English Paper 1 - was hard cauz of section 1 and the essay question was hard with Skrzynecki. Creative writing was good though.

English Paper 2 - A pretty easy modules exam except the questions were ambiguous except for the Rita question

Business Studies - Good test, MC was slightly harder than in previous years, a few short answer questions were tricky, the business report was a piece of cake and the ER was ok and I'm glad I remembered the syllabus headings and dot points. Hopefully a mid to high band 5

General Maths - Slightly harder than last years paper and I made a few stupid mistakes. I'll probably get a low band 5 which I won't mind.

IPT - Great test, I think I got between 85-92 Raw. I will get a band 6 depending on how hard the markers mark the 5 and 6 mark questions.

SDD - A good test however I stuffed up a few MC questions. I think I screwed up the logic questions in SA but the rest were great. The evo option was good too. Probably 75+ Raw

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about my goal UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)