UAI/Scaling Question (1 Viewer)

Andrew87

So I don't know if this has been covered already, but I need to know if this is true or not.
I have been told that our hsc mark is determined by putting all the marks from our school against our rankings, and then assigning each person the mark that corresponds to their ranking. I would think this would be how the assessment mark would be calculated but apparently this is how mark from the hsc exam is determined. I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me anything about this, it seems completley ridiculous to me but a few of my teachers have verified it.
Thanks

helper

HSC
N/A
You are misunderstanding what you are being told.

Process:
Assessment sent in
Exam sat
Exam marked.
Exam judged and cutoff points determined.
Exam aligned to cut offs
Assessment moderated against exam marks.

Your Exam mark and your moderated assessment mark are reported on the HSC.

The mark for your HSC has a moderated mark based on a similar process to what you said. Not exactly the same. See http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=6642

And your aligned HSC exam mark. Not someone elses.

A l

HSC
N/A
Andrew87 said:
So I don't know if this has been covered already, but I need to know if this is true or not.
I have been told that our hsc mark is determined by putting all the marks from our school against our rankings, and then assigning each person the mark that corresponds to their ranking. I would think this would be how the assessment mark would be calculated but apparently this is how mark from the hsc exam is determined. I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me anything about this, it seems completley ridiculous to me but a few of my teachers have verified it.
Thanks
The internal assessment mark is moderated IN ACCORDANCE to ranks in the external exam. Your reported HSC exam mark is based on a set of standards and your exam marks are often adusted from your original mark. Either way, your ranking does not change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)