• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAI to soon be diminished in university selection criteria (1 Viewer)

LeetSpeek

HSC
Gillard planning to raise the bar a degree higher | smh.com.au

Wow.... For those that cbf to click the link it basically says that people think the UAI as an entrance indicator for university is soon to be removed in order lei for other criteria and that the government wants more people in university so they are making the number of places in there unlimited.

ieatbarbies

HSC
This is in the far far future for us kids.

more people in uni - not necessarily smarter country. just dumber people to compete with ie more chance of pot luck/loss. personally, think this is unrealistic and not really going to happen.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A

Wow.... For those that cbf to click the link it basically says that people think the UAI as an entrance indicator for university is soon to be removed in order lei for other criteria and that the government wants more people in university so they are making the number of places in there unlimited.
Imagine the number of people applying for Medicine and Law degrees... Labor have to get this one right before letting this plan roll out.

spence

HSC

About time they place less emphasis on UAI. It really doesn't correlate with performance at uni at all

muscleman09

HSC
Yeh, i pretty much hate the UAI.. like seriously.. all this crap with subjects scaling you down

My best friends brother who finished last year got his HSC results, all his subjects were 80+ in marks, so low 80's- high 80's.

He got his UAI, 68.95, When he saw those numbers, it was like his most demoralizing moment for him ever!
He was seriously a smart guy, just the subjects dragged his UAI down...

he did gen maths, stnd english, pdhpe, biology and something else :S...
but still, I wish they could just base ur UAI on the marks u get, and the scaled marks ( that is scaled marks upwards)... sclaing down is sooo wrong...
All this crap to make a fair level in difference between the smart and dumb.
ahh makes me angry... ><

i just wish i did IB...

HSC
but... i went to uni knowing the deadbeats WOULDNT be following me.

not to mention the fact that the restrictions mean the resources of the university arent completely overstretched.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
GG Australia. Why not just remove primary/secondary education altogether while we're at it?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
And this is why the Labor party have no clue on how to run the economy.

lychnobity

HSC
Stupid move. Fucking Labor - I knew having a lawyer running the country was a bad idea.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
wait
wtf?
that including courses like med and stuff?
shouldn't ever need to worry about med... umat/interview as well as the sheer difficulty of the course will keep undeserving students out.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
but they seriously cant expect to enroll EVERYONE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)