I got for my subjects;
Maths (2unit)---81
English (std)---77
Biology---86
Chemistry---76
Hospitality---76 (disappointing....)
IPT---88

2004 UAI----83.75

Shocking...but what can you do. Some of you guys should have got higher! Its a bit ridiculous!

Sonik

HSC
N/A
yahuh...i thought I was dogged hard too..

English Advanced - 87
English Extension 1 - 44/50
English Extension 2 - 42/50
Ancient History - 88
Visual Arts - 82
Modern History - 87

Only got UAI of 89. Spewing like hell...subjects just scale poor as fuck...I worked out that if I had of got 82 in General Maths instead of Art, my UAI would have been over 90...WoOOoOo MAD SYSTEM!...But yeah anyway...I still got into the Uni course I wanted so I guess everything worked out by some form of miracle haha..

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Why is everyone who are getting marks in the 70s and 80s complaining.

While i agree things like Ancient History and Arts and the like shouldn't get scaled down as much as they are, there's no denying their level of difficulty isn't anywhere something like 4U maths.

I put in minimal effort and managed a 94 in Modern History. If i had put in the same effort for 4U maths, i'd have bombed out.

Hence the scaling. If there was none, everyone would be doing the low-scaling subjects and ripping it and it becomes too difficult to assess who's "apparently" intellectually more capable than someone else.

Plus, not only do you guys do easy subjects, you guys get low marks in easy subjects. People with UAI > 90 tend to get high 80s and 90s in relatively difficult subjects like sciences and maths.

high 80s and 90s = Good marks
70s, esp. in things like history = pish posh.

I'm highly doubting if you got 90 in at least half your subjects and 80 in the rest that you'd still get your present UAI.

You think you work hard and deserve more. Well there's always those that worked harder and deserve it even more than you. And of course there are those that worked less hard, hence the UAIs of *.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)