UBS business cadetships (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it would be a bad idea to apply for a cadetship of the sort. While cadetships in finance/banking may be tailored to students undertaking studies in business/commerce more closely, this does not mean that the experience gained from undertaking this cadetship program will not be beneficial to someone with an interest in computer science and/or mathematics. On the contrary, you may find that such an engagement results in a personal benefit for you (for instance, you gained an understanding of the way in which a particular field operates) and/or a benefit on a career level (this is based on the consideration that a cadetship will provide you with an opportunity to gain work experience in a particular field, which is always a good thing to have/demonstrate). Additionally, keep in mind that a cadetship constitutes an opportunity to develop practical experience. A cadetship is therefore not decisive in terms of your career path, i.e. if you come to the realisation that such a cadetship is not for you, you can still seek work experience relevant to your field at the next available opportunity.

I hope this helps! :D

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I don't think it would be a bad idea to apply for a cadetship of the sort. While cadetships in finance/banking may be tailored to students undertaking studies in business/commerce more closely, this does not mean that the experience gained from undertaking this cadetship program will not be beneficial to someone with an interest in computer science and/or mathematics. On the contrary, you may find that such an engagement results in a personal benefit for you (for instance, you gained an understanding of the way in which a particular field operates) and/or a benefit on a career level (this is based on the consideration that a cadetship will provide you with an opportunity to gain work experience in a particular field, which is always a good thing to have/demonstrate). Additionally, keep in mind that a cadetship constitutes an opportunity to develop practical experience. A cadetship is therefore not decisive in terms of your career path, i.e. if you come to the realisation that such a cadetship is not for you, you can still seek work experience relevant to your field at the next available opportunity.

I hope this helps! :D
Yep, that's what I've been thinking as well. Also;

Suppose you do get the "offer", are you still able to deny it like you would with early entry or are you expected to accept it no matter what.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, that's what I've been thinking as well. Also;

Suppose you do get the "offer", are you still able to deny it like you would with early entry or are you expected to accept it no matter what.
Yes, similar to internships and standard employment opportunities (such as permanent full-time), you are able to reject an offer. This can be for several reasons:
  • A candidate has applied for different cadetships and has received multiple offers, and may have subsequently chosen an opportunity that suits them more.
  • A candidate's circumstances have changed, meaning that they are no longer able to undertake and commit to a particular cadetship program.
  • A candidate may have lost interest in the cadetship program at the time of receiving an offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)