Ubuntu 8.10 (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
hey i am going to dual boot ubuntu and Xp, my question is those that have ubuntu 8.10 is it significantly better then 8.04 or worth upgrading, cos i would use 8.04 until i get the 8.10 disk, or december 10 when our download limit thingo ends

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
hey i am going to dual boot ubuntu and Xp, my question is those that have ubuntu 8.10 is it significantly better then 8.04 or worth upgrading, cos i would use 8.04 until i get the 8.10 disk, or december 10 when our download limit thingo ends
the networking facilities is better.. but thats really all i can notice

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Mkay, well i've downloaded Ubuntu, have yet to install it. Any advices on installing it? Not too technically inclined with regards to installing partitions, etc. I don't really want to have to format my pc.

I've got 150gb left on my 320gb . and going to buy a 750gb soon.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
the ubuntu distro if you use the default install, it can do a full with correct swap partition. I used it to make it auto resize with windows XP and it just does it pretty quickly.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
that would be good... hopefully my disk will come soonish

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
sunny said:
Synaptic has a quick search!
lol @synaptic.. but i almost didnt notice it :\ lots of little things.. i upgraded to Oo 3
cos its got 2.6 as default.

emtaylor: if its the free disk.. i recall it takes lik up to 6 weeks if its the paid one from the aust site its like 1 week

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
lol @synaptic.. but i almost didnt notice it :\ lots of little things.. i upgraded to Oo 3
cos its got 2.6 as default.

emtaylor: if its the free disk.. i recall it takes lik up to 6 weeks if its the paid one from the aust site its like 1 week

it took 3 weeks for me to get it, sent from the Netherlands

sunny

meh.
HSC
Why not get it from DVDs/CDs on magazine covers? They feature them a lot, chances are one of the mags would have it.

edit: yes quick search is awesome! Synaptic annoyed me so much in 8.04 cause it went to reload the list every single time you went and did something. It was already slow enough as it was on a PIII 733 over vnc.

HSC
yeah i have ordered disks before, my mum opened it she was like what are they sending her from over seas she does not know anyone over there only to realise it was a disk. i can wait for it anyway.

PC authority usually features them but i think i will just wait till end of the download thing or wait till i get the disk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)