*uhum ....... may i ask who's getting pressure from their parents b'cos of HSC? (1 Viewer)

.:uniQue:.

whow...i never knew there were so many poeple out there like that, my parents are just as bad, expecially coming from an asian family, everything has to be perfect and my parents like to compare me to my older sister since she made it into uni and all that, its pretty depressing for me sometimes as my parents always nag me to study, but what happens is that when i am studying they dont see it, and when im playing games or sumthing they do, and then i get told off...and after that when my dad comes back from work he tells me off for not studying, that really pisses me off =( sometimes i just really wanna leave the house and not come back because of all the pressure. =(

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Harimau

My school is fully of idiot skips and they all bully me to death... a combination of these two factors may just lead me to suicide one of these days...
i cant say that i know how u feel, but i went to a funeral and even tho i did not personally know the person, it made me realise that death is a very sad thing to happen. stay in there buddy. jus tuff this yr out and then it will get better. i too have heaps of pressure from parents, but try to stick by ur own principles and if u've dun wat u consider is ur best, then u have succeeded.

g'luck mate.:)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
ooooo someone wants to get into usyd law

:rolleyes:

ourl law teachers have already told us that usyd is evil and only teach 'black letter' style..

heheh

lol they said that to me too...and I was like "...but I wanted to go there". them to me: "NO!!! its much better here for law".

apparently their really socratic (sp?) in their teaching methods there.

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Originally posted by InfiniteQ
During the holidays they would say all sorts of stupid stuff like banning me from a camp and not letting me buy an MD because "it would distract you from the HSC"
Hahaha:p My parents threaten me with that ALL the time..."We're going to throw your computer away and dc the net....and we're throwing all your consoles away too" *rolls eyes at parents* Meh. I didn't pay for any of those luxuries anyway.

*wipes tear from eye* glad to know it's not just me with parents who adopt lame fear tactics to scare their kids into studying. I tend to imagine most Asian children as going through the same sort of hilariously disturbing parenting tactics.

And no one commit suicide until after high school....I'm sure you'll all realise life changes completely after the mediocre pettiness of high school. Maybe I'm deluding myself into believing many idiots in society mature. But don't kill yourself over such tiny things. Life can always get better and it will.

bobo123

HSC
has anyones parents demanded for any specific uai figures?

losty

OMG i cant believe that so many of you are aiming for 95+ and wont be happy with anything else.... me personally am aiming for whatever i can get... i dont want to aim cause i dont want to feel like im restricting myself.... if i aim for 90 i might not try for me and if i aim for over 95 then i wont be happy wiht anyting else... what i get is what i get but i personally will be happy with anything over about mid 80s the HSC is shit hard so i dont understand how people can get dissapointed to get in the say low 90s... i mean everyone really should be "aiming" for 100 cause thats the best possible but we al know its not really realistic...

hearing all this shit about marks in the 95+ range really stresses me out because i dont feel thats something i can aim for i mean yes its possible that i can get it but its not something to expect... i mean i do well in school and get usually over 80s for things and i guess that keep me happy

well my parent dont really pressure me by words its more the look of dissapointment that gets to me... and i feel that silence if worse than words in most cases... they are usually happy if i get over 80 for something because fuck man realistically 80 is a mad mark its a fucking distinction in uni... thats what one of my teachers said when i got 80 for one of my assessments and was dissapointed... i guess you just gotta put things into perspective... i dont know HSC is weird and everyone has thier own expectations but i dont have expectations... more so hopes

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
It's weird my parents were soooo nice during exams.. They offered to do everything for me until my last exam and then reality hit me....

I was doing chores and stuff, like Mojo the helper monkey of the Simpsons....

Xena

lillaila I feel really sorry 4 you. It sounds like u r going through a really hard time. I totally am at the "sick of study stage" and want to give up but there is only 190 days 2 go. You can do it!!! If you need a friend I'd be happy to email you.

GeeWhizzzo all you kiddos with such high expectations on yourself, I don't doubt u can't do it, but expecting 99 eww. I consider anything above 90 an absolute excellent mark. i'm not even aiming that high. I guess I'm supa lucky, my parents are really cool and think I over study.

N.B: B highly motivated and competitive for yourself not ya parents!! Bestest luck to all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)