UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sarah Jane 1

HSC
Does anyone know what a reasonably competitive score would constitute? I've been researching but there is no exact threshold. So what score is one that we should be satisfied with?

iStudent

HSC
Does anyone know what a reasonably competitive score would constitute? I've been researching but there is no exact threshold. So what score is one that we should be satisfied with?
I'd say 90+ percentile (that way, you score an interview at *most* places).

Sarah Jane 1

HSC
Ok... fingers crossed... When do you think results will be disclosed?? This week?

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
So what score is one that we should be satisfied with?
Not to state the obvious, but I feel like it might be apt as the results are coming soon.

If you feel like you've honestly given the UMAT your best shot, then you should already be proud of yourself regardless of mark. Your best is your best, so don't understate yourself. I know it's very easy to point out that the mark is obviously still going to be what is actually counted, but you already have enough people telling you that your mark is important. At least one person should tell you that your genuine efforts should be important to you as well.

The UMAT is a percentile based test, and it's easy to forget that only 1 in 10 people are gonna get 90+. Please be sensitive with your friends if they're getting their marks, not everyone is gonna do well.

HOWEVER, THERE AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH A LITTLE OPTIMISM FOR THE TIME BEING. BEST OF LUCK ERRYONE. <3

lil_stassa

HSC
I probably shouldn't have clicked on this thread...now I'm all nervous even though I was relatively calm before.........

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
I probably shouldn't have clicked on this thread...now I'm all nervous even though I was relatively calm before.........
I am somewhat glad I never found out about MSO or BoS before I started uni hahahaha

Flop21

HSC
Why is the UMAT so early on in the year? Wouldn't it be better for everyone to have it after October?

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Could you guys give some infomation about how you studied?
:)
I'll let you know how I preped after I get my result :p It may or may not be useful depending on how i perform hahaha.

Why is the UMAT so early on in the year? Wouldn't it be better for everyone to have it after October?
Because applications are due in end of this month and for those you need a UMAT score.

ManUpstairs

HSC
Hmm, maybe we should place bets on what day we think the results will be released. I guess that's one way to make good use of our nerves right now :)

iMMORTAL153

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, maybe we should place bets on what day we think the results will be released. I guess that's one way to make good use of our nerves right now :)
Can literally be any second now, I think.... Last year it came out at 4.30pm ish on the 18th, and in 2013 at 9.30pm on the 13th.

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Or you could eat a whole ton of ice cream :D :D :D

HSC
N/A
I finished with like 15 minutes to spare.

Is it even possible to do that and get a score high enough for an interview.

Sarah Jane 1

HSC
So when do you think results will be disclosed? I have a strong feeling it will be tomorrow...

TranceStep

HSC
I expect the results will be released sometime tmrw or friday. Good luck everyone :)
If things dont go your way dont panic maybe its a sign medicine is not for you or maybe its gonna drive you to sit it again, pls pls dont feel like a failure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)