UMAT 2015 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
So is anyone confident that they did well all round and hope its enough for the next step in their quest towards med?

nancylime

HSC
I'm feeling confident that overall I will do ok; I really enjoyed section 1 and section 2 was so so. Hopefully they can bring up by nasty nasty sectoin 3 scores

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Well, since the consensus is that S3 was the most challenging for lets say all the people taking the UMAT, what will happen to everyone's marks for this section, will it scale up?

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Well, since the consensus is that S3 was the most challenging for lets say all the people taking the UMAT, what will happen to everyone's marks for this section, will it scale up?
It will be converted into a percentile out of 100.

which is based on how well one performs compared to the rest of the people.

enoilgam

HSC
3000?!?!?! OMG imagine all the nervous energy in the room
Nothing quite beats the UMAT at ANZ Stadium - it's a helicopter parents/stress head convention. The amount of nervous energy in the room is ridiculous (one year, there was this girl next to me chewing her hair like full on). Then there are the parents drilling their kids on exam strategy and the kids look like their only interest in medicine is saving the family from shame. Of course, there is my personal favourite when parents film their kids going in.

Yes judgemental, but it has to be said.

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
I'm feeling confident that overall I will do ok; I really enjoyed section 1 and section 2 was so so. Hopefully they can bring up by nasty nasty sectoin 3 scores
Did you finish in time? those section 2 passages took quite some time.

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
Nothing quite beats the UMAT at ANZ Stadium - it's a helicopter parents/stress head convention. The amount of nervous energy in the room is ridiculous (one year, there was this girl next to me chewing her hair like full on). Then there are the parents drilling their kids on exam strategy and the kids look like their only interest in medicine is saving the family from shame. Of course, there is my personal favourite when parents film their kids going in.

Yes judgemental, but it has to be said.
LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)